At Wise, we believe that people who are closest to risks are the best placed to identify and address these. We’re looking for a FinCrime Product Compliance Manager to work alongside our Europe Product team as they compliantly launch and scale Wise products globally.
Your primary focus will be to help the Europe Product team identify and effectively manage financial crime and compliance risks across a range of existing and new product types, markets and integrations globally. You will also have exposure to business development and bank partner conversations, ensuring we remain compliant while unlocking growth.
- Develop a relationship with Europe Product teams to cultivate a culture of compliance so that they proactively think about compliance risks and opportunities.
- Use data to articulate emerging trends across our products and proactively work to mitigate this with product teams in the region.
- Problem solving approach with a focus on finding a balance for our customers and risk.
- Build a solid foundation for teams to develop sustainable and compliant products across Europe.
- Assess new and existing products, features and controls against the product risk framework.
- Implement control enhancements to launch and maintain compliant products and features.
- Deep understanding of regulation in Europe and ability to share the impact of this with product and operational teams.
- Ability to defend our compliance program to bank partners and interpret their concerns to enhance controls as needed.
- Contribute to improving compliance processes, evolving both our financial crime and our compliance due diligence practices.
- Interest in becoming a lead and mentor for more junior members of Product Compliance, Product and operational compliance teams.
A bit about you
We are looking for someone passionate about payments, FinTech and compliance risk management and with an eye on the future. You should have:
- Minimum 5 years in financial crime compliance
- Be fluent in English and French
- ACAMS, ICA or equivalent certification desirable
- Experience working in the European market for a regulated financial institution
- Clear communication, project coordination and management skills
- A sense of camaraderie and good humour while under pressure of tight deadlines
- Wisdom, a world view and talent for thinking outside the box
- Professionalism and high integrity
- Willingness to challenge teams and themselves on how to best serve our customers, while keeping processes robust and compliant
- 25% international travel required when we can
What we offer in return
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.