We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Treasury team in London/Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, and build the engine that powers the revolution, Money without Borders.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Treasury team
Your product will be Treasury’s real time ledger.
- You’ll work with engineers and analysts to ensure that key metrics such as exposure and liquidity positions are accurately tracked and surfaced in close to real time.
- You’ll be in the loop on new product launches across the business, and proactively assess how they will be onboarded to the ledger
- You’ll take a risk-based approach to data quality improvements, understanding the tradeoffs between perfection and scalability
- You’ll help us get closer to Mission Zero with better decision making through better data
In terms of your experience you will have:
- Prior experience in a technical role (engineering, analytics, etc.)
- Financial domain expertise, preferably in FX/Liquidity
- Expert data skills: you are comfortable writing complex SQL queries and can define key metrics from first principles
- 2 years+ experience working with engineers directly building complex products
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- You’ll have the opportunity to travel and work with our teams in Tallinn, Tampa and Singapore as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Grow as a leader – You will scale and inspire your own team, but also other teams to contribute to our mission
- You are a seasoned Product person with experience of inspiring others
- You have empathy for your customers and can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions)
- You have a proven ability in building products where there’s high degree of ambiguity on what to build in order to drive growth or mitigate risk
- You delivered tools or internal products that optimise and scale financial operations environment (Trading, Pricing, Risk management, etc. )
- You’re not afraid of learning skills you don’t know yet to unblock yourself and your team. You don’t stick to a “by the book” product lead role definition. You simply get it done.
- You understand financial engineering and can clearly articulate and optimise trade offs between financial risks
- You are hands-on with data and enjoy coaching analysts and supporting developers in prioritising technical debt and bugs versus building new features
- You can easily communicate complex ideas to various crowds
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- You are familiar with accounting terminology and frameworks
- You know your way around basic back-end development
- You have experience working with data streaming and real-time metrics
- You have a background in Mathematics
Interested? Read more:
- The growth of Wise and what’s next for us
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- How we work: a practical guide
- The value of stock in a growth company like Wise
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.