Due Diligence Agent (Entry Level Role)
We’re looking for a Due Diligence Agent to join our growing team in Budapest, Hungary. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a specialist and help save millions more people money. This is an entry level role, so we don't expect you to have any previous experience in Due Diligence/Banking/Finance. Full training will be given to enable you to be successful in the role. If you are interested in starting your career in compliance, then this job role is perfect for you.
We’re looking for a Due Diligence Agent to join our growing team in Budapest, Hungary. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a specialist and help save millions more people money. This is an entry level role, so we don't expect you to have any previous experience in Due Diligence/Banking/Finance. Full training will be given to enable you to be successful in the role. If you are interested in starting your career in compliance, then this job role is perfect for you. You can read more about the life as a Due Diligence Agent from our blog post here.
The Due Diligence Agent is responsible for performing timely customer due diligence to complete the KYC process. You will be engaged in research and analysis and will use information supplied by external businesses and consumer customers, information already within the organisation, external vendor tools and their overall experience to effect due diligence controls on customers and counterparts of various characteristics.
The role as a Due Diligence Agent gives you the opportunity to:
- Perform Due Diligence on existing, new and/or potential customers based on risk mitigation controls and certain trigger events;
- Exercise discretion in setting priorities, identifying customer records that require further review and taking action to obtain and follow-up on the information and/or documentation requested;
- Ensure that information and documentation provided by customers, from external data sources and from your own reviews (e.g. websites and company registries) meet our requirements for verification;
- Perform searches utilising Internet sources and/or third-party vendors to obtain information on prospects and new/existing customers;
- Communicate with customers when required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies;
- Provide guidance and responses to daily inquiries from peers, front-line and management regarding due diligence matters and case analysis, when appropriate;
- Maintain basic understanding of AML/CFT Regulations and how these impact the business, as well as Wise products and Services;
- When warranted, be capable of drafting SAR narratives to report activity deemed unusual;
- Assess Risk level of referred profiles that may or may not meet the Risk criteria expected from escalations;
- Have a deep understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies;
- Support Wise in internal and external audits and regulatory due diligence process related queries reviews;
- Escalate any suspicions and/or concerns to the AML and Fraud teams for review
- You are legally eligible to work in Hungary (we don't offer visa support for this role)
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent (additional language skills are a plus)
- You can work autonomously within a limited variety of well-defined procedures and practices (not necessarily standardised).
- You are able to handle more complex activities with moderate variation. You can deal with less straightforward questions, coordinate with as many sources of information necessary within and outside the business to support solutions.
- You are capable of identifying gaps in policies and processes and providing detailed feedback, including examples when possible, through the established communication channels.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong organisational skills, attention to detail, analytical abilities, and ability to adhere to strict deadlines in a fast paced and high pressure environment.
- You're punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done.
- You have the ability to work in a diverse work environment which requires collaboration, partnership and transparency
- Application review
- Video interview and test in HireVue
- Final interview with two Team Leads
- Start date: Q4 2022 / Q1 2023
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV in English and answering the application questions.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.