Wise is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a talented Engineering Lead to join our mission.
The team you’ll be working with: Consumer Onboarding
The Consumer Onboarding Team is based in London and aims to make the journey to adopting Wise for the first time as easy, trustworthy and fast as possible. The team looks after the Onboarding of new customers with engineers working across web, backend, iOS and Android.
How we do this:
- We make Wise values and offerings clear for everyone
- We reduce onboarding complexity so users can adopt the product faster
- Adoption of Multiple Products
- We clarify product offerings and assure new users that we are the right product for their use cases
As the team is central to the first use of Wise products we collaborate heavily with other teams across the organisation to build the best experience for our customers. While we’re doing this, we also need to build extension points to expand the product locally and help incorporate our financial crime prevention tooling and KYC engine in the most frictionless way possible.
What does it take?
- Being responsible for your team’s overall health and productivity
- Helping your team make data-driven decisions by providing feedback on architecture and approach
- Fostering an environment of autonomy where everyone is encouraged to identify and prioritise customer problems and opportunities.
- Rolling your sleeves up and being involved in the entire process. Working closely with the team’s product manager and designer to ensure the team is focusing on the right things
- Having an overview of what’s happening across the organisation and thinking about engineering as a whole.
- Working together with other product and regional teams at Wise to achieve goals together
Is this you?
- You’re passionate about building high quality products, working on big challenges and taking full ownership of the customer journey
- You have experience in leading, coaching and mentoring driven individuals
- You enable your team to solve complex problems by helping to break them down into small iterative steps of incremental value
- You’ve built and designed scalable and well-performing systems
- You have experience in designing, deploying and maintaining clean RESTful APIs
- You have experience with microservices architecture, asynchronous message queues and SQL databases.
- You have an understanding of the challenges engineers building and maintaining web and mobile applications face
What does success look like?
- You’ll have found your place in our mission by understanding how to drive engineering solutions and look to future challenges
- You’ll understand our customers and the impact our product has on their lives
- You’ll make contributions to the wider engineering goals of the company
- You’ll inspire a team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued
- You’ll help us scale-up and build a world class global banking product that impacts tens of millions of customers
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSU’s in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- ❤️ 26 weeks maternity leave at full pay, plus an additional 13 weeks at minimum wage
- ❤️ 18 weeks with full pay for paternity leave
- 🏃♀️ 3 Fully paid 'Me Days' every year to help you manage daily life
- 🌍 Relocation and visa expenses covered
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our London offices
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work – a practical guide
- 📹 Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- 💻 The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.