As a financial institution moving billions of pounds of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions inside the company.
We are now looking for a Data Analyst to join the Business Analytics team in Finance. Jointly with the Business Intelligence team and Regional Controllers you will own the process of collecting and preparing the data for the controls and reporting purposes. This is a core function of the Finance team that ensures compliance of Wise as a financial institution and helps with scaling.
This role gives a great opportunity to combine technical data processing skills with finance and automation experience. You will get familiar with all key products of Wise, understand the business, and also improve your data analysis expertise.
- Build compliant, accurate and automated data reports for regulators and for internal control purposes and to comply with regulatory, financial and tax requirements.
- Work together with other finance teams, especially Business Intelligence, Corporate Treasury, and Regional Controllers, to create accurate monitoring, alerting, and reporting on source financial data, with clear definitions, data controls and change management.
- Create visualisations and data exports using Looker, Airflow, gSheets/Excel, sourcing the data through detailed SQL queries.
- Own and maintain controls over built data pipelines and models.
- Build and maintain other ad-hoc reports and models using the financial data as required by various stakeholders.
- Help with automation of the processes for teams in Finance that rely on data extracts and reports.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – you will have an opportunity to build, maintain, and grow parts of the financial engine of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies.
- Own your path to success – you will have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Grow with the role – we offer exciting opportunities in building efficient financial control, automation, and reporting processes.
- Develop a versatile combination of skills – data analysis and financial, providing unique opportunities for professional growth.
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about the Finance area, fintech field and driving financial sustainability of a fast-growing company.
A bit about you:
- You are strong in structuring your approach towards problem resolution and can work with minimal direction.
- Willing to deal with internal or external stakeholders (auditor or regulators), communicating reports, definitions, requirements etc.
- Detail-oriented, great at working autonomously and meeting deadlines.
- Have an ability to go beyond the numbers and dig into understanding of the business meaning behind transactions.
- Strong SQL skills: experience at writing complex analytical queries (PostgreSQL, Snowflake), building ETLs, creating reports and data models.
- Being comfortable with Python and Airflow as well as data visualisation tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Superset etc.) or a commitment to develop in this direction.
- You are flexible in the set of technologies you use now and like proactively learning some new stuff in both technical and business parts of your job
- Understanding of finance terminology and accounting principles or previous experience within the financial domain (e.g. financial reporting, controls or audits) would be an advantage.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.