We are now looking for a talented Data Engineer to join the Finance Reporting team. This role gives a great opportunity to combine technical data processing skills with finance and automation experience. You will get familiar with all key products of Wise, understand the business, and also improve your data analysis expertise.
- Independently design, build and launch new ETL processes and data models behind analytical pipelines.
- Support existing processes running in production and implement optimised solutions with limited guidance.
- Define and manage SLAs for output data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Collaborate with engineers while transitioning to streaming technologies, as well as product managers and data scientists to understand data needs and deliver key data insights in a meaningful way.
- Support Finance teams, treasury, and finance controllers, to create accurate monitoring, alerting, and reporting on source financial data, with clear definitions, data controls and change management.
- A data professional with proven Python (3+ years) and SQL work experience (4+ years);
- Comfortable working daily with orchestration and modelling tools like Apache Airflow, DBT;
- Have extensive experience with cloud databases/data lakes like Snowflake, AWS S3 or ClickHouse;
- Well-versed using Git and CLI scripting in general;
- Familiar with event based (Apache Kafka) or streaming (Apache Spark / Flink) technologies;
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform is a big plus;
- Detail-oriented, great at working autonomously with positive and proactive attitude.
- Have an ability to go beyond the numbers, by translating business needs into technical requirements.
- Bonus – interest in finance / accounting.
If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.