When: End of June – early September 2023
Salary: £28,000 pro rata
We are looking for rising stars to join our User Experience Design and Brand/Creative team for a ten week paid internship programme in Summer 2023. We have placements open for four core disciplines:
- A portfolio that demonstrates good typography, layout and technical skills across brand and/or marketing
- You love to understand the 'why' before diving head first into just making something 'look good'
- You're developing a strong eye for detail. No mistakes in your portfolio please, so check it over a few times before sending across
- We mainly use Figma over here, but if you only have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, don't worry, you'll be able to adapt
You’ll be part of Wise’s global mission to build an open, fair, and human financial system. Because people without borders need money without borders.
You’ll be paired with a Wiser sponsor in the User Experience Design or Brand/Creative team, collaborating with other Wisers and fellow interns on cross-functional projects. We plan quarterly, and your mission will be mapped out with your sponsor in June – while still leaving plenty of room for you to contribute to your scope.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- You’ll get to know Wise customers, building empathy and deep understanding of their needs
- You’ll be honing and flexing your craft skills in a collaborative environment
- You’ll be connecting with your sponsor, fellow interns, and the broader User Experience Design community to inject fresh creative thinking into the business
- Meet with some of the most influential people at Wise on this programme
- Contribute to the Wise mission in a collaborative, supportive environment
- Be mentored by a discipline expert
- Develop your craft and experiment in a live environment
- Share back your work post internship with your programme
- A competitive internship salary
There are core behaviours we are looking for across all disciplines. You are:
- A self starter, taking initiative and keeping relevant partners in the loop
- Possess strong analytical, assessment and problem solving skills
- Have the ability to contextualise and build a narrative around your work
- Open to feedback, great at implementing it back into your work
- Interested and familiar with technology and digital products
What you get back:
🚀 Experience working in one of the fastest growing European FinTechs
🏃♀️ Lots of team activities
💸 Salary £28,000 (pro-rata)
🙌 Fun offices with social activities – have a sneak peak of life in our London office!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.