Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Security Operations Team
We provide the first line of defence across the company to internal and external threats. We clearly understand the capabilities that commercial security tooling provides us and focus on dealing with the rest through detection engineering and other means to keep the company and customers assets safe. We highly focus on the incident response aspect of cyber security and make sure that we have the right tooling in place to deliver the high expectations set by stakeholders.
Is this you?
- You’re passionate about Incident Response and Detection Engineering
- You have been involved in designing and operating SOC team
- You have previous experience of leading and mentoring a diverse team of engineers
- You’re comfortable and confident providing input to other teams’ priorities
- Wise is rapidly expanding so you know what it takes to keep pace with rapid business growth.
- You enjoy creating an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared, and openness is valued
- Your role will be a combination of coaching and leading a talented team of engineers and doing hands-on contribution
- With a high level of autonomy, you’ll work closely with your engineers, to make both product and project decisions.
- Working with others in the security squad and broader engineering teams on a shared security vision.
- Experience building and leading SOC team
- Hands on experience with Incident Response
- Experience with AWS cloud security
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes security
- Experience with IDS, SIEM, vulnerability scanning solutions
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience in securing networks
- Experience with OS hardening (Windows, Linux, Mac platforms)
- Experience in software engineering (Java, Python, Go)
- Basic understanding of statistics and data analytics
What does success look like?
- You’ll be supporting Platform, User Tech and Product teams to secure their assets to required level
- You’ll ensure that necessary tooling and data is available for Incident Response purposes
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll also have found your place in our mission and you understand our values and how they can guide you doing your best work
- You help Wise achieve its mission by securing the foundation technology layers
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSUs in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏝️ Annual Summer Days Event
- 🏃♀️Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and boardgame nights
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our Tallinn office.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.