We’re looking for a Project Manager to join our Central team in the Payments Operations Organisation in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow in our Operations organisation and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Your mission as a Project Manager is to drive large projects related to Payment Operations teams processes and different new tooling products to make sure that our processes are efficient and secure.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Team
- Drive and coordinate Central Projects in Payment Operations Organisation
- Work with regional operations teams, leads, product managers and developers of multiple product teams to find solutions and opportunities for process optimisation;
- Understand and drive improvements of Central processes & Workflows.
- Prioritise and estimate the size and impact of opportunities and projects;
- Create project roadmaps and plan execution and delivery;
- Coordinate central changes – communicate with Payment Operations teams, collaborate with stakeholders in- and outside of the organisation (from Finance to Compliance and beyond);
- Own communication and documentation of Central Projects.
- Act as first point of contact for Central Projects in Payments Operations organisation
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organisation, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face complex situations. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring.
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. We’re 2000+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done!
A bit about you:
- You have excellent written and verbal English skills
- You have a proven track record of leading cross-team or cross-organisation projects with a focus on optimising processes
- You have project management skills to create project roadmaps and plan execution etc
- You are familiar with and have used different business process optimisation methodologies
- You are flexible with your working hours to work with teams in different time zones
- You define your priorities according to data and customer needs. Before you start a project you understand what success looks like and track your progress towards this vision
- You enjoy owning your work and leading projects. You focus on accuracy, are independent and pay attention to every detail.
- You’re a great communicator, straight up, clear and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to
- You enjoy being part of an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when either giving or receiving feedback
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners, leaders as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers
- Your intellectual curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to understand when you don’t know something and the humility to learn
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You have previously worked on projects related to process efficiency, optimisation and removing waste (lean, agile)
- You have experience with Business process optimisation and reengineering
- You have worked in a fast paced Fintech environment
If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter, and answering the application questions.
In the cover letter, please bring an example of a project you have led and what kind of impact this project had.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.