Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for an experienced Oversight person to strengthen our Fincrime Oversight team. Based in one of our Asia offices, you’ll develop and implement compliance testing and monitoring plans, and track improvements in collaboration with our teams. The role will work with global teams to focus on our APAC markets: Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines and Singapore
This role is located in Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore or Tokyo.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and get to know teams across Wise as you work with them to understand the financial crime framework.
- Champion compliance through review by designing and executing a monitoring and testing plan for the region, sharing findings with Verification, Investigations, Screening, Tooling, Diagnosis, FinCrime Core and FinCrime Experience and working together to strengthen our fincrime capability across our Asia / Pacific markets.
- Take on and own new projects that arise in any area of the compliance programme on a project basis. Take a problem-solving approach, whether designing a new process to be implemented or driving an effort for multiple teams to work together to remediate control gaps or process enhancements
A bit about you:
You can show that you’re a proactive communicator with a passion for operational efficiency, tech and the spirit of compliance, and how data can help. You should be able to demonstrate:
- An insatiable curiosity about Asia / Pacific product and processes
- Strong knowledge of AML processes
- An ability to write and communicate clearly about our product / processes
- A strong ability to organise, prioritise and multitask and an ability to communicate priorities effectively to others
- Fun to work with (no brainer), detail-oriented and driven
- Enjoy working across operational and product teams to fuel the revolution!
A bit about the role:
As a member of the APAC compliance team, you will work closely with FinCrime Product and Operations, and Compliance Officers to draft and implement a testing and monitoring plan for our diverse region. Continuing to offer our customers the best experience and championing compliance with our financial crime obligations is at our core.
To achieve this, the role will focus on three areas: Building trust, Strengthening our framework and Policy support.
- Manage and perform controls testing – scoping the review, conducting the assessment and working with teams to resolve findings.
- Proactive communication of gaps and risks as well as proposing solutions as to how processes can be strengthened.
- Empower multiple teams to work together to problem solve.
- Take on new challenges that arise in our compliance program.
Strengthen the financial crime framework
- Educate teams about our financial crime obligations and risks across our diverse region.
- Refine and build on our monitoring and testing methodology.
- Maintain data sources that enable Compliance to monitor our compliance health.
- Report management information (MI) that enables Product, Operational Compliance and the Board to understand our compliance health.
- Maintain our policy library and work with teams to periodically review and update their policies.
- Support teams to draft language that is reflective of work processes and product implementation (also useful to Wisers who enjoy reading about compliance and a helpful read for non-Wisers)
In this role, you will work either in the Hong Kong/ Kuala Lumpur / Singapore / Tokyo Office, and report to the APAC FinCrime Oversight Lead.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.