Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still lots to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a thought leadership and policy senior officer (UK) to join our London office to advance our policy and advocacy objectives and help us get closer to achieving our mission. You’ll work closely with the product, communications, banking, legal, and compliance teams and join our small but mighty policy team scattered across North America, Europe and APAC.
This is not your typical policy job. It’s much broader. You’ll have autonomy to help us achieve our policy objectives and drive outcomes for our customers. You’ll help raise our profile and establish relationships with policymakers and stakeholders. And you’ll understand how to translate complicated policy matters into compelling reports, policy briefs and other content development.
- Execute and contribute to our regulatory and legislative advocacy strategy in the UK
- Build relationships with key policymakers and other stakeholders
- Increase Wise’s influence and visibility through global thought leadership and content development on our policy priorities
- Elevate Wise’s profile to become one of the leading voices in the policy space by driving and assisting with the creation of written materials (i.e. position papers, blog posts, social media updates, reports)
- Prepare detailed political/policy analysis and research for internal and external stakeholders
- Interpret and analyse legislation, issues and proposals that may affect Wise, proactively communicate the potential impact on Wise and our customers and suggest strategic opportunities for engagement
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify policy goals that complement our growth strategy
- Ensure that laws, regulations, and industry standards allow us to create the best product for our Wise customers, including:
- Transparent pricing on international payments by all industry participants;
- Instant, low-cost, 24/7 payment systems that we can access directly; and
- Onboarding and payment regulations that create as little customer friction as possible
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Get deep into the weeds of financial policymaking: You’ll be able to develop a deep understanding of the UK’s financial policy sphere, allowing you to distil complex ideas into compelling content and analysis
- Have a positive impact on people’s financial lives: You’ll have the opportunity to pitch big ideas and help modernise outdated financial laws and regulations for the digital age
- Develop a deep network: You’ll establish collaborative relations with key policymakers, stakeholders, and influencers in the political and financial policy space
A bit about you:
- Passionate: You’ll be a skilled advocate and deeply passionate about Wise, our mission, and delivering for our customers
- Political/policy and/or academic experience: You’ll have notable political/policy or academic experience in the UK
- Laser focused on outcomes: We’re a scale-up and you will need an entrepreneurial mindset to thrive. You’ll be laser focused on driving outcomes and highlighting issues that benefit our customers, and drive this work autonomously with the support of your colleagues
- Skilled communicator: You’ll be a versatile and skilled writer even on complicated issues: from reports to consultations to position papers to social media and parliamentary questions, you are confident and compelling with multiple styles, and understand how to leverage public-facing mediums to drive policy outcomes
- Creative: You believe policy content doesn’t have to be bland or boring, but you can find compelling ways to share Wise’s expertise and build out our arguments
- Without borders: You’re curious about other cultures, have a global mindset, and though the role is London-based, you are prepared to spend time abroad for work
- Coalition builder: You’ll understand how to leverage relationships, create connections, and ultimately build coalitions with industry, consumers, and governments
- Collaborative: You are proactive in collaborating with colleagues across different functions, and can build strong working relationships in an international business
- Finance, payments, or tech experience: This is not a prerequisite, we’re looking for a confident self-starting superstar, but the transition will be easier with existing relationships and policy depth
What do we offer:
- Salary: 48,000 GBP – 64,000 GBP
We’re people without borders — and without prejudice too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.