Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
As part of the regulatory oversight team in APAC, you’ll be able to develop and implement compliance testing and monitoring plans for different markets and facilitate improvements in our processes/controls by collaborating with other teams.
The role will work with global teams to focus on our growing APAC markets: Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines and New Zealand.
This role can be located in Kuala Lumpur, Sydney, Singapore or Tokyo.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and get to know teams across Wise as you work with them to understand the product and regulatory framework.
- Champion compliance through monitoring and testing by designing and executing a monitoring and testing plan for the region, sharing findings with your tribe and work together to strengthen our product compliance across our Asia/Pacific markets.
- Take on and own new projects that arise in any area of the compliance programme on a project basis. Take a problem-solving approach, whether designing a new process to be implemented or driving an effort for multiple teams to work together to remediate control gaps or process enhancements.
A bit about you:
- Technical skills. You have a clear understanding of compliance risks and controls and are able to formulate risk based compliance monitoring and testing programs for different markets. Ideally, you also have a good understanding on emerging compliance risks relevant to Wise and you have had experience in delivering or working on IT audits.
- Communication and collaboration. You have the ability to write and communicate clearly about our products, processes and controls as well as how they can be improved. You’re able to analyse different viewpoints and tailor your communication to get the message across.
- Innovation. You have a passion for compliance operational efficiency and are keen to work with our analysts and engineers to develop a data driven approach to compliance monitoring and testing.
- Autonomous. You’re a proactive problem solver and able to work independently to contribute to the team’s overall objectives. You’re adaptable to evolving priorities and have a strong ability to project manage such changes effectively.
- Curious. You have an insatiable curiosity about Asia/Pacific products, processes and puts our customers interests at the forefront. You’re excited to make an impact at Wise and enjoy working with cross functional teams to fuel the revolution.
A bit about the role:
As a member of the APAC compliance team, you will work closely with Compliance Officers, Product, Treasury, Finance, and Operations to develop and implement testing and monitoring plans for our diverse region. Continuing to offer our customers the best experience and championing compliance with our regulatory obligations is at our core.
To achieve this, the role will focus on:
- Manage and perform processes and controls testing – scoping the review, conducting the assessment and collaborating with teams to resolve findings.
- Proactive communication of gaps and risks as well as proposing solutions as to how processes and controls can be strengthened.
- Validate the effectiveness of regulatory controls to build a trusted relationship with stakeholders.
- Empower multiple teams to work together to problem solve.
- Take on new challenges that arise in our compliance program.
Strengthening the regulatory compliance framework
- Educate teams about our regulatory compliance obligations and risks across our diverse region.
- Refine and build on our monitoring and testing methodology.
- Lead regulatory compliance monitoring and testing in APAC.
- Maintain data sources that enable Compliance to monitor our compliance health.
- Design and report management information (MI) that enables Product, Operations and the Boards to understand our compliance health.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tokyo office
From ancient temples to towering skyscrapers, Tokyo dazzles with its mix of traditional culture and passion for everything new.