This role will be co-located in our London or in our Tallinn office alongside our Global Product Operation Teams. We appreciate that this can be challenging for some of you – and therefore we’re willing to support new joiners with the following:
- Wise is happy to sponsor and pay for your Visa as needed, as well as offering a relocation support package for you and your dependants
- We’ll offer up to 3 months per year remote working
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to transform how we deliver our customer support experience to build a globally scalable and cost-effective model for our future.
The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. With over 15 million happy customers we’re already moving more than £9 billion a month and have more than 2,500 people in our operations functions across the US, Estonia, Hungary and Singapore. We serve a wide range of customers from personal users, freelancers, small businesses to enterprise businesses and banks.
You will develop and lead Product Operations functions for Wise Global Products, which include Money Transfers, Issuance, and Receive Money Products. The function will sit in our product organisation and will be responsible for running scalable and effective operations.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to our Global Product Operations Team
- You will be the first hire into the Product Operations function at Global Wise Products. You will take a leading role in establishing the product operations function, hiring a small, highly skilled team of product operations managers.
- You will be responsible for scaling the Wise product starting with our Spend Product and setting up quality bars, SLAs; delivering and reporting on them.
- You’ll be working closely with partners at Operations teams across Customer Support, KYC, FinCrime and Payment Operations. You’ll be driving automation, process improvements and outsourcing projects.
- You’ll set up best practices and manage launches of new products and new features.
- You’ll work closely with our Global Product teams to continuously improve our core product and solve the underlying problems for contacts and manual operational efforts.
- This would translate to overall responsibility of SLAs, quality of processes and scalability starting with the Spend Product across 40+ markets around the world.
- You’ll clearly define success and evaluate progress with both qualitative and quantitative methods.
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – Grow and inspire your team to join our mission
- Get amazing exposure to the full breadth and depth of our product from customer service, FinCrime, regional expansion and new product launches
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
Things that might describe you as a Global Product Operations Manager
- You’re passionate about helping customers. They are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions.
- You’re an entrepreneurial and hands-on Product Ops Leader – You have delivered high impact product solutions before in data-driven environments, using a mix of product and process solutions and have seen them through to production.
- You understand technology and how to build products well enough to be able to help the team know when to invest in tech debt reduction, bugs or new features.
- You have extensive product operations experience in where you’ve been in-between multiple teams having to align and connect efforts. You’re comfortable collaborating with operational teams, understanding that they’re made up of people as well as processes and products. You thrive in a cross-functional work environment, working alongside engineers, analysts, compliance and growth teams.
- Have a clear playbook for prioritising work, helping the team understand impact and making an inspiring roadmap for everyone to follow.
- You approach problem solving in a methodical way, allowing the team to gain clarity over root cause issues and making it easier to correctly assess risk and migration strategies for it.
- You’re data-driven – You are able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you telling a story with the data you have enquired.
- You can lead, inspire people and build teams – you can hire awesome talent and also get the best out of people. You have led and grown multiple product managers before directly. You are able to get the team to dream big, align on a commonly agreed vision and draw a clear path to get there.
- Base salary (Tallinn): €80,640 – €102,240 gross / year base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/2021/03/26/the-true-value-of-stock-in-a-high-growth-company-like-wise/
- Numerous amount of other benefits: https://www.wise.jobs/what-we-do/our-offer/
- Our Tallinn office benefits: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/02/benefits-in-our-tallinn-office/
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.