Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
Here at Wise we’re working to create a seamless IT experience by offering all the tools people need to do the best work they can, and simultaneously avoid being a speed hump. We have a highly mobile, geographically diverse work environment. Currently we look after network infrastructure where VPN and wireless connectivity plays an important role.
We’re looking for an exceptional Infrastructure Engineer with software engineering experience or a Software Engineer with infrastructure experience to be part of our Network Engineering team to be based in either Tallinn, Budapest or London, to deliver automate, scalable, stable, and well documented solutions as part of the UT team and in collaboration with other Platform Engineering teams. This is a unique opportunity to bring your ideas and expertise to one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Europe, to help secure and improve our network infrastructure, and ensure all of our teams stay connected no matter where they are in the world.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the team
- You will be hands-on and will build and maintain automation tools, observability for network infrastructure and start moving our deployments into ci/cd pipelines
- You’ll be working with network engineers in the User Tech and platform teams
- Identify potential reliability issues before they impact our internal customers
- Create sustainable solutions for product teams that are easy-to-adopt
- Measure our reliability to make data-driven decisions
- You’re a self starter who can run with projects
- Reliability and scalability are paramount in your solutions
- Security and privacy by design mindset
- You think about risks and compliance
- You think that having an infrastructure being observable is as important as having it being available
- You document what you build and share them proactively and regularly
- You enjoy looking for where you can have impact and upset the norm
- You’re happy working in a flat organisation structure
- You’re collaborative and have the ability to tailor communication to the audience – both to technical and non-technical people as needed.
Must have skills:
- Solid programming experience – we currently use Python and network automation frameworks like Nornir and Netmiko
- Solid infrastructure automation skills and experience in building and maintaining CICD pipelines
- Experience in implementing SRE and IaaC principles
- You’re passionate about helping others and keen to roll up your sleeves and take ownership to drive company-wide impact
Nice to Have
- Experience in networking (L2/L3 networking, VPN, IPSEC)
- Experience of cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Containerisation technology and orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Have experience of capacity planning as well as performance and load testing
What does success look like?
- You’ll be building and maintaining the infrastructure and foundation of the technical parts of Wise
- You’ll ensure we have our services up and running so product teams can work efficiently
- You’ll understand our customers and the impact our product makes in their lives
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll also have found your place in our mission and you understand our values and how they can guide you doing your best work
- You help Wise achieve its mission by building on one of the key foundation technology layers at the heart of our platform.
What you get back:
- You’ll be able to choose your own path to success. You’ll have the freedom to define your roadmap and responsibility for making it happen.
- You’ll be offered the flexibility to decide on how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different, so we’ll do our best to make it happen.
- You’ll get to inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starter attitude.
- You can Travel to work with our teams in London, Budapest, Tallinn and Singapore – post Covid-19.
- A fun work environment with social activities and events.
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work – a practical guide
- 📹 Engineering team blog
- 💻 Scaling our Infrastructure; how we make it work
- 💻 The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.