IT Support Technician
We are looking for an experienced IT Support Technician to join our growing User Technology (UT) Support Team in our Tampa, Florida office! 🚀
Our mission is to support everyone in Wise through ensuring we’re offering the best equipment, keeping it safe and running in peak condition.
You'll receive a competitive package including a salary range starting at $28.85 per hour + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + and a wide array of other benefits!
A bit about the role:
Here at Wise we're working to create a seamless UT experience by offering all the tools and permissions people need to do the best work they can, and simultaneously avoid being a speed blocker. We have a highly mobile, geographically diverse work environment and currently we look after more than 20 offices of varying sizes.
The teams that support all this are called User Technology (UT). UT comprises autonomous teams that build and maintain everything needed to support our company mission. These teams include device management, conferences and events, network infrastructure, service management and user access management organized into various engineering and support functions. We already have an amazingly dedicated and talented team of 60+ technicians and engineer Wisers.
You’ll be working in a smaller group, in a global team. Most of our work is done locally in the Tampa office, but you’ll also be supporting our other locations in the Americas, located in Austin, New York, Mexico City, and São Paulo, Brazil. We also give support to co-workers who are traveling or working from anywhere outside of the office.
A bit about the job:
- Provide technical support for Wisers seeking assistance
- Manage procurement, assets, and inventory of laptops, monitors, printers, and other peripheral tech accessories
- Identify and suggest potential areas for improvement
- Be an encyclopedia on Wise’s IT products and services
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and software
- Educate users and colleagues with tools, tech, and security in Wise
- Manage provisioning and deprovisioning of devices
- Assisting other teams in UT
- Participate in internal projects for continuous improvement initiatives
A bit about you:
- You have experience providing IT support for Windows and/or Mac OS environments
- You enjoy helping people and solving problems by nature
- You are an assertive communicator
- You are flexible and keen to learn
- You identify pain areas and run improvement initiatives until completion
- Great sense of humor and able to work under pressure
- Passionate about computing and user experience
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of the team as the situation requires
- Researching solutions and the latest technology is second nature to you
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visas for this role
- This is NOT a remote position, this is a Hybrid position located in Tampa, Florida
- 💵 Salary range starting at $28.85 per hour, based on experience
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- ⭐️ Here’s more info on our benefits in Tampa
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.