Wise is helping to build a new world – a world without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
Our Global Workplace Team (projects, portfolio, community and health & safety) plays a key part in the employee experience, through our curated spaces, events and services. The future of the workplace is very exciting and we aim to be at the forefront leading and creating best in class spaces for our Wisers.
We’re looking for a forward thinking and proactive Facilities Manager to join our Estonia Workplace team to support managing our biggest office(s) in Wise. This role will help us execute and deliver on the workplace of the future. You will be expected to push the boundaries of delivery ‘best in class’ facilities, and come up with innovative ideas to use across the company.
- Lead day-to-day repair and maintenance of facilities
- Ensure local health and safety policies are up to date and manage the occupational health and safety in our Estonian offices.
- Manage expected service levels within the prescribed budget and prepare monthly budget reports.
- Coordinate work assignments with building management for technicians, vendors, and contractors to ensure assignments are completed.
- Oversee the scheduling, maintenance, and monitoring of HVAC, water, electric or other systems to ensure efficient operation.
- Inspect facilities and generate inspection reports.
- Review and recommend technology to improve customer experience and provide actionable data.
Communication and change
- Support Workplace teams with effective communication on repairs, office closures, maintenance and moves.
- Respond to issues and handle complex inquiries or complaints regards change management.
- Support project managers where required and not be scared in jumping in and help delivering projects where required.
A bit about you:
- You have experience in facilities management and delivery for fast paced organisations.
- You are detail oriented and analytical.
- You have the ability to manage a range of different stakeholders whilst being patient and persistent.
- You have the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet required deadlines.
- You are an excellent communicator and presenting new ideas to leadership is something you’re comfortable with. The role requires frequent interactions with many levels of stakeholders at Wise, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrable financial and data literacy experience including budget management.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presenting and storytelling.
- Great organisation, multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Continuous improvement mindset, with the ability to think ‘big picture’.
- Due to the nature of this job we require fluency in Estonian and English, both verbal and written
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- Proficiency in excel, google suite and slack software tools.
- Experience implementing a FM asset management tool
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: 2,750 EUR gross per month
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our Tallinn office
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.