As we continue to grow and scale, we’re on the hunt for an experienced Analytics professional to join our Finance team in London or Tallinn. As Head of Finance Analytics and Business Reporting, you will contribute to our mission by ensuring we efficiently manage our finance data and provide insightful reporting to both make effective business decisions and meet our reporting needs as a publicly listed and highly regulated company.
- Lead and develop sub teams covering Business Intelligence (BI), Business Analysis (BA) and Regulatory Reporting.
- Lead the team in meeting our current and future reporting needs end to end by designing efficient data pipelines and reporting outputs.
- Lead the team to provide insightful business commentary to enable risk monitoring and business decision making.
- Drive transformation in finance data pipeline and Data Governance including design and implementation of policy, process, ownership, controls, data category definitions, data inventory, and usage reporting.
- Partner with the Regional Finance Prudential Controller to re-design regulatory reporting data flows and implement robust processes and controls.
- Own data flows for statutory external group and entity financial reporting, including Key Metrics and Alternative Performance Measures.
- Provide technical leadership and support across the finance team, sharing and championing best practices in analytics across finance. Drive analytics strategy in finance, ensuring finance data and insights are discoverable and leveraged.
- Work with our Finance Product and Finance Engineering team to provide requirements and feedback on infrastructure solutions to make our internal systems more robust, efficient and scalable.
- Coach, develop, support and lead 2-3 direct reports and a wider team of c10-15 people comprising reporting specialists and analysts across London and Tallinn.
- Actively contribute in the finance operational leadership group and own and drive cross team planning, strategy and projects.
- Partner with the business analytics team on data and tooling strategy.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Own your own path to success – You’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility, both for your team and as a leader within Finance.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business – Get to know many teams across finance and the business as you partner.
- Inspire teams with your ideas, strategy, knowledge and self-starting attitude
- Grow with the role – You will have the opportunity to develop your leadership skills as the business and finance function grows in complexity.
- Theory – You are highly proficient in SQL, able to write structured and sustainable code and continue to develop and refine this skillset. You know your way around the infrastructure of analytics and have worked with cloud warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift), have knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Looker, Periscope, or Metabase) and/or visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
- Practice – You have demonstrable experience leading a team of analysts, delivering high quality, timely and accurate information, presented in impactful ways. You have demonstrable experience in working on a transformation project involving data and reporting structure redesign.
- Love getting things done – You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility to do whatever needs doing to solve problems.
- Communication – Ability to design and build insightful reporting and analysis. Explain results to a range of stakeholders. You can understand complex problems outside of your area of speciality and provide valuable review and challenge.
- Collaborative and Influencing Skills – You work well in a multinational team environment, and know how to have an impact through others. You have partnered with a complex and varied stakeholder group and have strong communication skills. Ability to bring teams together, drive common solutions/goals and make decisions.
- Development – You are keen to learn and develop your knowledge of how a FinTech and fast growing scale-up operates.
- Travel – you will be required to travel to support teams across London and Tallinn.
Extra experience that would be great:
- Relevant industry experience (fin tech or financial services)
- Finance or accounting experience or qualification.
- Proficient with Python, able to automate complex processes and construct robust data pipelines.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.