Product Director – North America
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in the world and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a talented Product Director, based in our Austin office (with a flexible combined in-office and WFH approach), to join our mission.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $280K – $360K + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! (more info below 😉)
Your mission will be to to deeply understand the needs of North American customers and help teams to focus on solving the problems that matter most to them. Our US teams focus on removing friction and ensuring that we build out the most important features for the US market. Our current teams work on problems across domains that result in more US customers using the Wise Multi-currency Account. Some examples:
- Connecting US bank accounts to Wise
- Adding local payment methods and integrations
- Simplifying and automating onboarding and verification
- Making it possible to send money to people via a name, email, phone, and other identifiers number
Here’s how you’ll contribute to our North America Regional team
- Ensure our US teams are spending their time on the highest value (impact for customers) areas, sorting signal from noise where necessary
- Unblocking execution across teams when it gets stuck (this means being close enough to the detail and the engineers, spotting problems before they take root, escalating or figuring out how to resolve)
- Building conviction on those high value areas and challenging them if there are faster / more effective ways to grow the market
- Helping to grow and scale product managers and teams
- Hiring, onboarding new team members across the team
What does it take?
- Working with other Wise leaders globally to achieve our Mission: Money without borders.
- Building a championship team. Fostering an environment of autonomy where everyone is encouraged to identify and prioritize customer problems and opportunities.
- Helping your team make data-driven decisions by providing feedback on architecture and approach.
- Raise the bar for the team to reach new heights of technical excellence.
Is that you?
- You want to work for a company you believe in its mission
- You’re passionate about building high quality products, working on big challenges and taking full ownership of the customer journey
- You have experience in leading, hiring, coaching and mentoring driven individuals
- You are able to get the team to dream big, align on a commonly agreed vision and draw a clear path to get there – enabling your team to solve complex problems by breaking them down into small iterative steps of incremental value
- Empathy for customers and can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions and truisms)
- Deep understanding (eventually) and curiosity for how the product is put together and passion for building the product (not marketing it, actually building it).
- You’re always learning. Whether it’s interviewing customers, designing UIs, writing code or modelling growth, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and learn the skills you don’t have today to unblock your team
- You are hands-on and enjoy delivering features by yourself as well, as everyone in Wise still executes projects as well, starting from our CEO.
Some extra skills that are great (but not essential)
- Knowledge of the US and Canadian payment systems and fintech ecosystem
- Ability to self-serve analytically – experience of using SQL, or BI tools like Looker or Tableau.
- You have worked with external vendors before and you feel comfortable negotiating with them.
What does success look like?
- You’ll help teams focus, build and ship the features that make the Wise Account the best international banking solution in the US
- You’ll understand our customers and the impact our product has on their lives
- You’ll make contributions to the wider product goals of the company
- You’ll inspire a team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued
- You’ll help us scale-up and build a world class global banking product that impacts millions of customers
What you get back:
- The ability to choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision
- The freedom to have real impact – the part of the product you’ll build is key to Wise reaching future millions of customers and redefining how payments work internationally at scale
- The opportunity to inspire teams
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart people
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.