We’re looking for a Payment Operations Specialist to join our team in Tokyo. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, being a part of our international Operations team and helping save millions of people money.
You’ll receive a competitive package including salary, stock options in a fast growing company, and a wide array of benefits.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to:
- Solve customers’ payment-related problems.
- Build solid ownership of operational processes with your team
- Drive operational excellence, while maintaining sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks
- Help translate our customer needs into plans and support these with analysis
- Drive improvements to our product and work processes to become more efficient
- Act as a point of contact and build good relationships with our partners
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing operational efficiency, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face complex situations. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring.
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product, engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better.
A bit about you:
- You have excellent written and verbal English skills
- Because of the diversity of the partners we serve, for this particular opening, having Japanese language skills is required
- You place customers first and you make no compromise on this
- You’re accurate and pay attention to detail. You enjoy owning your work and taking charge on projects when needed
- You’re a clear and honest communicator, persuasive and adaptive to different audiences
- You’re comfortable with feedback and being part of a team where ideas are shared and openness is valued
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder
- You are flexible with your work hours. We aim to help our global customers any time they need it, occasionally during weekends and holidays
- You are a Japanese citizen (Please note we cannot sponsor visas for this role)
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You have relevant experience working in operations or led cross functional projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work
- You know how to use data to prioritise tasks that have the most impact to customers
If you are interested, please submit your CV and cover letter in English
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
Why do you want to join the Payment Operations team and what do you wish to accomplish in this role?
What do you think are the main challenges in the Payment Operations team?
A bit about Wise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At Wise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Please make sure your applications are submitted in English, as this is our working language.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tokyo office
From ancient temples to towering skyscrapers, Tokyo dazzles with its mix of traditional culture and passion for everything new.