We’re looking for a Due Diligence Senior Lead to join our growing Global Consumer team in Budapest, Hungary. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a lead and help save millions more people money.
This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, develop with a high-performing team and help save millions more people money.
Your mission is to drive strategy, collaboration, innovation and operational excellence around customer onboarding for current and new products and currencies. The DD Senior lead is a strong leader with a mindset that allows them to create a vision to build and execute processes that put our customers first while being aware of the risks surrounding the industry-specific products and requirements set by regulations and partners.
The role as a Due Diligence Senior Lead gives you the opportunity to:
- Create an overall direction for the team, implementing this strategy through strong communication that includes a plan of action, clear expectations and accountability.
- Lead teams and team leads on strategic, operational, administrative and process levels, creating a governance and oversight structure.
- Establish team scope, provide vision and an execution plan to internally market the value-add of the team capability and expertise.
- Create a data driven framework to identify, collect, analyse and interpret valuable aspects of the team’s daily work.
- Plan capacity and own performance improvement for the team
- Establish effective operational processes, task allocation, training and performance management with a tightly managed cost base;
- Drive and support communication with the product teams and provide valuable insights for enhancements from the customer's and teams perspective.
As a DD Senior Lead you have a Relationship Mind-set to:
- Act as an effective liaison with product, compliance and operational KYC teams to ensure clear communication of decisions and policies, identify and drive opportunities and enable a process improvement escalation path;
- Collaborate with internal teams in various offices to manage operational impact of process changes within the team.
- Proactively document and communicate team progress, challenges and plans on a global level.
- Onboard and support team leads in their growth and development
As a DD Senior Lead you have a Compliance Mind-set to:
- Ensure team’s understanding of our regulatory obligations, how our policies fulfil them and how our risk-based approach deters and prevents money laundering and financial crime;
- Support development of compliance knowledge and provide advice within compliance operations and cross team, ensuring that we deliver on the banking partner experience while considering operational impact and cost scaling;
- Ability to represent the policies, processes and auditable work to regulators and auditors while guaranteeing current documentation and accuracy of necessary work procedures;
As the Due Diligence Senior Lead you should have the following skills:
- Previous experience in team leadership minimum of 3 years;
- The ability to identify, create and apply processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experiences with the aim to achieve project objectives;
- Good understanding and ability to analyse and move team’s metrics;
- Great communication and presentations skills to support internal and external cross-team projects and audits;
- Good understanding of the regulatory framework surrounding verification;
- Passion for leading and living our company values;
- Proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibility as well as being a great team-player.
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and Cover Letter in English. In your cover letter please outline why you’re interested in the role and why you’d make a great fit within Wise.
- Application review: Resume and Cover Letter
- Strategic homework assessment
- First interview with Senior Lead and Area Lead
- Final interview with Area Lead and Head of Global Team
We are taking applications for this role until February 1st 2023 (EOD).
We're offering 970,000 HUF gross/monthly for this role.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.