We’re looking for somebody to lead our growing localisation team.
Wise’s mission is Money without borders—instant, convenient, transparent, and eventually free. The world is a long way from that point. Particularly for people with international lives, managing money is expensive and inconvenient. And most banks still aren’t transparent about the huge markups they add to the exchange rate.
Our localisation team plays a huge role in helping us achieve our mission. Our product can’t be truly convenient unless our customers can use it in their language. It can’t be transparent unless our copy is understandable and clear in their language. And it can’t be eventually free unless we continue to grow, bringing more users on board, and putting pressure on the industry to change.
And that’s the team we hope you’ll come on board to lead.
What about the role?
Your role can be based in London, Tallinn, or Budapest. The rest of the team is mostly based across those three locations, though we do also have some team members in Singapore.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Build a truly global team, spanning at least 14 languages and based in offices around the world
- Own our entire translation and localization workflows, internal processes, relationships with vendors, and CAT tooling
- Launch Wise in new languages, reach new audiences, and see the team’s impact on user acquisition
- Work with teams from across the entire business to solve valuable problems:
- With our marketing teams, to reach new audiences, localise campaigns and our website, and drive new user growth
- With our product teams, to ensure high-quality language support and a fast development cycle
- With our support teams, to provide a high-quality experience that’s efficient and cost-effective
- Own and manage the quality, cost, and efficiency of translations and localization work.
- Help product teams release translated, localiszed features quickly.
- Help us grow and support customers in more languages
A bit about you:
- You fluently speak, write, and comprehend English at a high level.
- You can grow a team, motivate people, and lead by example
- You’re experienced with translation workflows and CAT tools
- You’re great with words and you display close attention to detail
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- Knowledge of the finance industry, and of foreign exchange in particular
A bit about Wise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At Wise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Salary: 55,000 – 75,000 GBP
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.