Wise aims to create the best banking experience for small businesses, without high rates, hidden charges and monthly fees. You’ll help small businesses simplify their financial processes, saving them time and helping them grow internationally.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Wise:
- Time is money, and small businesses cannot waste theirs. The role of the business account team is to create a great experience for SMBs, making their experience with Wise seamless and efficient.
- You’ll be working closely with Designers, Researchers, Developers and Analysts and you’ll enable the team to make informed decisions and inspire the highest standards of execution.
- You’ll report to the business onboarding & growth product lead, whose role is to help you find your own path to having a big impact on the Wise mission.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our mission to make money without borders the new normal – you will need to figure out and build solutions so that our customers can move money instantly, conveniently, transparently, and – eventually – for free
- Build world-class products: The role is a unique opportunity to build innovative, state-of-the-art solutions with a global impact.
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – You will build and inspire your own team, but also other teams to contribute to our mission.
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You are able to get the team to dream big, align on a commonly agreed vision and draw a clear path to get there.
- Customer-focus – You’ve worked on a product with thousands or even millions of customers, ran surveys or research and interviewed people who used your product. You’re able to define the customer impact of product investments you make.
- You have a track record of delivering excellent user experience on web, iOS and Android. You have a strong sense of UX and a strict attention to UI details.
- You’re data-driven – You are able to dive into data to identify opportunities and then measure your impact. You prioritise the value you can add to customers, and can get the entire company behind you by telling stories with data.
- You have a good technical understanding – help your team prioritise technological investments, tech debt reduction, bugs and new features.
- Communicating clearly and logically – You are able to effectively frame problems to influence across the team. You are comfortable communicating with internal and external partners on challenging issues, whether in written format or at sprint planning with the team
- You have experience in leading, hiring, coaching and mentoring driven individuals
- You’re not afraid of being a true lead, helping your team with hiring, learning skills you don’t know today to unblock things everywhere needed. You don’t stick to a “by the book” product manager role definition. You get it done.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- Base salary: £110,000k – £140,000 gross / year base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/what-we-do/our-offer/
- Including our London office perks: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/07/benefits-in-our-london-office/
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.