We’re looking for a Regulatory Specialist to join our team in KYC Strategy. We are a small team with big dreams: ensuring that customers can enjoy a hassle free KYC experience, whilst complying with local regulations across multiple jurisdictions.
We at Wise strive to make money free. Our mission is money without borders or costs.
If you believe in free money too, then you already have a foot on the gas to help drive our mission
Growing as a company means expanding the products we offer and the countries in which we operate. This means lots of new rules we have to follow, as we aspire to be the most regulated company in the world!
This is where you come in! As our Regulatory Specialist you will be helping interpret local regulations, understanding what they mean for KYC, and ensuring there are no gaps in our procedures.
What you’ll get to do and your mission
- Apply your knowledge and interpretation of local regulations, to support the rollout of KYC controls in growth markets
- Develop your knowledge of local regulations in different countries/regions
- Collaborate with product, compliance, and operational teams to achieve shared goals
- Research, interpret and apply requirements in regulation, to create new guidelines and amend existing ones
- Use data to estimate the impact of new controls and analyse rollout
- Prioritise and support the closure of audit findings
- Identify and remedy gaps in the operational teams’ knowledge
- Present at regulatory audits
A little about you
- You need to be passionate about keeping Wise and our customers’ money safe
- You have a strong understanding of legal terminology
- You have a good baseline knowledge of KYC
- You have good understanding of the major compliance regulations in a particular country/region, and can develop your knowledge of regulations in other countries/regions with relative ease
- You are able to identify and interpret applicable regulations in a given scenario, and suggest an approach to implement them in a new control
- You can identify potential compliance gaps and raise them for discussion
- You’ve been delivering regulatory related projects for at least 1 year
- You are a Singaporean Citizen or PR (Please note we cannot sponsor visas for this role)
Who you work with is a huge factor in how you feel about your job. That’s why we’re proud to say we’re committed to keeping our team culture top-notch. Our specialists are multilingual, from many countries, passionate about their jobs and helping others, and most importantly — hilarious.
About this role:
- Salary: 5,450 SGD gross/monthly + RSU (Restricted Stock Units)
To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter in English. Please also submit a slide deck, which you will be prepared to make a 20-30 minute presentation on during the first interview. The slide deck must demonstrate the following:
- What is the most impactful compliance gap you’ve helped to close (e.g. findings from internal/external audits). Please demonstrate:
- What role you took, and how you collaborated with others
- What were the task requirements? How did you go about scoping the solution and demonstrating the impact?
- What were the main blockers and how did you overcome them?
- What was the outcome and what did you learn?
- Assume we are building the KYC flow for a new currency. Based on the regulations below, please demonstrate your understanding of the KYC requirements and product. Consider the following in your slides:
- What information and documents should be obtained from the customer, and how should the experience look from their side?
- How should the verification flow look after documents have been submitted? What should be verified and how?
“Art. 16. The institutions, they must adopt identification procedures that allow verifying and validating the client’s identity.
- The procedures referred to in the caput must include obtaining, verifying and validating the authenticity of customer identification information, including, if necessary, by comparing this information with those available in public and private databases.
- In the customer identification process, at least:
- the full name, home address and tax ID, in the case of a natural person.
Art. 18. The institutions, they must adopt procedures to qualify their customers through the collection, verification and validation of information, compatible with the customer’s risk profile and with the nature of the business relationship.
- The qualification procedures referred to in the caput must include the collection of information that allows the assessment of the client’s financial capacity, including income, in the case of a natural person, or billing, in the case of a legal entity.
- The need to verify and validate the information referred to in 1 must be assessed by the institutions according to the client’s risk profile and the nature of the business relationship.”
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.