We’re looking for a Screening Agent to join our growing PEP Screening Team in our Budapest Office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as an agent and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Your mission is to review alerts raised by our screening systems and take appropriate action. You will check if Adverse Media exists on our customers or if our customers have to be classified as Politically Exposed Persons (PEP). In this role speed and accuracy in decision making are essential.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to PEP Screening Team
- Following operational procedures on PEP and Adverse Media alert handling, including documenting the decision rationale
- Performing analysis of potential matches against internal and external sources
- Communicating with customers with strong customer empathy when further information is required as part of our reviews
- Supporting in facilitating approval for onboarding customers as PEP from the relevant Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Liaising with our Product team in order to refine automated screening risk methodology, reduce false positive, mitigate Adverse Media and PEP risks and improve customer experience
- Cooperating with potential outsourcing partners
- Supporting on other controls within Wise’s Screening team if required
- Working as a team player to deliver a great customer experience, going the extra mile where needed and sometimes contributing more broadly through side projects
- Maintaining basic understanding of Anti-Money Laundering and CFT Regulations and how these impact the business, as well as Wise products and services
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent, any other languages are a plus
- You can multitask and take responsibility in challenging situations
- You can handle routine well and have a razor sharp attention to detail
- You're punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done
- You’re a good communicator and can work in a cross-team environment
- Previous work experience in the compliance/risk sector is not required, but is a plus
- You have a valid working permit in Hungary.
Compensation: Starting from 677,500 HUF / month
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English. In the cover letter, please answer the following question: What motivates you to join the Screening team?
Application deadline: 2nd of February
Starting Salary: 677,500 HUF gross
Please note that applications without a cover letter won't be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.