Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
We’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new norm. We’ve got 15 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
We’re building a scalable, high performing platform for our customers. And we’re looking for Analyst interns to join us on our mission.
At Wise you’ll contribute with data-driven insights to guide decisions and identify opportunities, which will have a direct impact on how we grow as a business and add value to our customers.
How you’ll contribute to our team of analysts:
- You’ll help us take Wise to the next level as we scale to impact 100’s of millions more customers
- You'll carry out data analysis using various statistical methods and tools to helps us prioritise the most significant changes
- You’ll collaborate with other stakeholders in the team, working on projects that will be the most impactful for our customers
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact. We believe people do great things when they can act autonomously. So, instead of being told what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. You can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise, but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be flexible in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different — so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Truly contribute to Wise’s growth through your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
What does it take? These things are a must:
- You’re a penultimate or final year student studying a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Data Science/Analytics, Computer Science, STEM or Economics/Business/Finance
- You’re eligible to work in Budapest without sponsorship
- You’re able to start an internship on 26th June 2023 that will last at least 10 weeks and end on 1st September
- You’re available to work in our Budapest office at least twice per week to support your development
- You enjoy using numbers and data visualisation to tell a story
- You used coding to solve problems before. That could be during your studies or as part of a personal project you’re passionate about
- You’re empathetic with structured communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You’re curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- You’re open to and value feedback in order to improve
And these would be great, but aren’t essential:
- Experience in using SQL, Python or R
- Experience with visualisation tools, for example Tableau, Looker or PowerBI
- You got some knowledge of analytics fundamentals including statistics and data structures
- Previous internship experience in fintech or tech
- You understand the fundamentals of A/B testing
…But don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
During your Summer Internship:
- You’ll onboard and spend some time understanding your team and tribe’s vision. Once you know this, you’ll better understand how you can contribute
- Understand the Wise domain
- Understand the problems your team are solving
- Understand how analytics works at Wise and what each team and tribe does. From core teams to regional teams — there are lots! Don’t worry, we’ll help you get acquainted
- Understand the tech culture, the detail of the tech stack and how we build stuff. We work in autonomous teams, on different stacks so you’ll need to understand the details
- Understand how we get things done — from idea to analysis to execution
- Work on 2-3 Analytical projects and use them to propose your own ideas to take your team further, doing what’s best for our customers ❤️
What you get back:
- 🚀 Experience working in one of the fastest growing European FinTechs
- 🎯 Being part of a fun team with a mission
- 📈 Drive ideas with data to solve real customer problems
- 🥳 Fun offices with social activities – have a sneak peak of life in our Budapest office!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.