What’s the role
We’re looking for an SEO content specialist to join our newly formed and rapidly growing Owned Sites team.
As an SEO content specialist in the Owned Sites team, you’ll have the opportunity to learn all about SEO; work across multiple markets, websites, and content topics; get hands-on experience creating and optimising content at scale; contribute to the vision, and direction of, the team; be empowered to take ownership and drive impact; and learn all there is to know about running a website.
We’re looking for someone fluent in English and Japanese. Prior experience in SEO/content creation is a plus but not a requirement if you’re eager to learn and have a growth mindset.
Owned Sites is like a start-up within Wise. We’re part of the marketing team, and our focus is on acquiring new customers and driving revenue through a portfolio of websites. Exiap, a transparent international money transfer comparison website, is a good example of this. When a user goes to Exiap, they compare providers by route and amount. If Wise is the cheapest, we acquire new customers. When we’re not, we earn a commission by referring users to competitors. As such, you’ll also have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of affiliate marketing.
- Produce high quality SEO content
- Own your content – from ideation to briefing, proofing and editing, to publishing and optimizing
- Conduct keyword research and make data-driven decisions using Google Analytics and our Business Intelligence tools
- Find, coordinate and manage freelance writers
- Help the team implement technical and commercial recommendations, roll out landing pages, evaluate new websites to acquire, and build new websites from scratch
- Ensure our content follows legal, brand and PR guidelines
- You can speak English and Japanese fluently
- You prioritise effectively, take ownership, and get things done
- You’re an exceptional communicator
- You work well individually and within a team
- You’re motivated and driven to improve
- You have great attention to detail
- You’re organised and great at time management
- You make decisions based on data
- You have some experience in a similar position or have a strong willingness to learn
- A plus if you: are familiar with SEO and/or affiliate marketing, can speak another language, have worked in finance
- You thrive in a culture of autonomy and not afraid to take full ownership of your content plans from start to finish
Salary: Between €22,000 and €27,000 plus stock options
We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders – so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
We’re committed to making money transfer instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. We’re also growing other products and our teams at an incredible pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at Wise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Generous parental leave
- Private healthcare plan
- Pension scheme
- Relocation support
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.