Suspicious Activity Reporting Specialist
We’re looking for a dedicated Suspicious Activity Reporting Specialist to join our growing financial crime fighting team in Kuala Lumpur. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission and grow as a specialist in anti-money laundering and financial crime. Your mission is to protect customers and Wise by reporting suspicious activity.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about Financial Crime Risk, dedicated in helping create a world class team, and keen to work in a fast paced and rapid growth fintech.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Summarise investigation findings and analyse payment activity and payment patterns
- Preparing and submitting suspicious activity reports to financial intelligence units in APAC
- Independently research and resolve issues
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Other ad hoc duties that need to be done
What do you need to have?
- You’re eligible to work in Kuala Lumpur. (Please note we cannot sponsor visas for this role)
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent.
- Because of the diversity of the customers we serve, for this particular opening, having Bahasa Indonesian & Japanese language skills is strongly preferred.
- You have a “can do attitude” and love working in a fast moving collaborative environment
- You’re curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- You have exceptional logical thinking. You are naturally able to interpret data and draw logical conclusions
- You’re able to articulate and justify your decisions. You are confident and comfortable making independent judgement calls
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal. You are able to express your thoughts concisely and logically
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Previous experience in AML, fraud, internal controls, audit, law enforcement or investigating suspicious activity will be beneficial
- Ability to assess and manage risk with the ability to make risk-based decisions
- You have a Bachelor's degree
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English.
In your cover letter please provide answers to the following questions:
- What would you bring to the team?
- Why is this position appealing for you?
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Kuala Lumpur office
Gleaming skyscrapers and a host of natural attractions are just the beginning.