Wise is one of the fastest growing Fintechs in the world and we’re on a mission to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a strong Engineer with experience in microservices and testing to join our team in Austin.
In this role, you’ll work together with our Engineers to create new products and extend existing ones for our customers in the US and beyond. You will have the opportunity to learn from engineers with years of experience in large distributed systems and mentor the next generations of engineers at Wise. You’ll be part of building features that help millions of customers move billions of dollars.
A bit about you:
- You’re passionate about helping others and excited to work on cross-team projects that have an impact on millions of customers
- You have experience with good testing practices in a microservices architecture
- You’ve got a deep understanding of Continuous Delivery strategies in a microservice architecture
- You’re flexible to work on different kinds of projects. You’ll be working on a wide range of projects from moving money across the globe to coding internal tools to boost productivity
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate complex and technical concepts across multiple teams
- You’re willing to travel and interested in working with and learning from our Engineers across our global offices
- You’re excited to work in a disruptive, fast-growing and fun environment
Some extra skills that would be great to have:
- You’ve worked with large distributed systems
- You’ve got a Java background, preferably with Spring Boot
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in our offices around the world
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 💻 Hybrid working model – a mix of working from home and from the office
- 💻 Our employees can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world our employees choose.
- 🌍 Relocation expenses covered
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 🏆 2023 Austin BuiltIn Best Award winner for Best Places to Work and Best Large Places to Work
Find out more about our benefits in our Austin location.
Interested? Find out more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.