We’re looking for a Card Fraud Prevention Specialist to join our team in the Singapore office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as an analyst, help save millions more people money and work in a disruptive, fast-growing and fun environment.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking, and they can spend every day using our Wise debit card.
Card payments represent a large part of the funds moved to Wise daily, and card fraud disputes are an inevitable part of that. Our Card Fraud team thus supports Wise’s mission in a very impactful area.
We have an awesome operational team handling these Card Fraud disputes in four countries across the globe; a unified team that works very closely with our dedicated engineering and product teams.
As a Card Fraud Prevention Specialist, you get to support your team’s operational success and bring your expertise to upscale the domain; driving detection and prevention focused initiatives with long-lasting impacts will be part of your daily work.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Card Disputes team:
Card Fraud Rules Management
- Rule creation and optimisation
- Periodical Card Fraud loss reviews identifying emerging intra and cross-portfolio risks
- Working closely with the Product team on rule engine improvements.
KPI & performance measurement management
- Managing and ensuring KPI and performance metrics accessibility to Teams
- Ensuring any required data is available to the Card Fraud Ops team – either by providing the data in an accessible manner or by driving engineering changes where necessary.
- Strong collaboration with Leadership on KPI (maintenance & building)
- Identifying the problematic areas based on KPI performance
- Identifying product issues and improvement areas (cross team)
- Providing data and relevant insights to all stakeholders for the purposes of incident management
- Escalating risks sitting outside of the Card Fraud domain (or appetite) to external stakeholders
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent. If you speak other languages then that’s a bonus!
- You have strong attention to detail, punctuality, and are comfortable taking initiatives.
- You are good with routine but can also adapt and keep up with fast changes.
- You are able to work independently but also know how important good team-work is.
- You can make decisions in critical situations and have the ability to multitask.
- You have a genuine enthusiasm for the FinCrime industry.
- You have experience with SQL, or a similar coding language, and have experience with Fincrime prevention strategy creation and management.
Questions you should regularly ask yourself:
- What could I do to magnify the impact of the current detection strategies? How do I stop more fraud with a similar prevention strategy?
- What is lacking right now with our Tools that would increase the effectiveness of our prevention strategies without causing a similar increase in customer impact?
- Where we are today versus where we want/need to be in 6 months/12 months etc? (What Product/Scheme/Compliance changes will impact the Card Fraud Domain and potential impact on prevention strategies and how we stop Card Fraud?)
Starting salary for this role is 5,900 SGD/month
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter by 3 March 2023.
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Do you think that customer experience should be considered as a part of the detection rule approval criteria? And why?
- How do you think card fraud detection and prevention impacts the overall company’s mission?
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.