Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Your mission is to enable our Wise Platform team to launch new products and partnerships globally, through a deep understanding of the regulatory requirements and Regulators’ expectations around them.
This is a first line Product Compliance team lead role, embedded in the Wise Platform team.
You, together with the Wise Platform team, will be responsible to:
- empower Product Teams to build compliant by design new products and services by advising them on how to implement regulatory requirements in a customer-oriented way while fully adhering to regulatory requirements;
- ensure that regulatory analysis of new products and services are performed and well-documented, and that related controls are implemented consistently prior to launch.
Regulatory risk and remediation:
- collaborate with Regional 1st and 2nd line Compliance teams and Product teams, to ensure remediation plans are agreed upon across lines and executed timely;
- advise Product and operational teams on how to interpret regulatory requirements or improve processes to avoid regulatory breaches and/or incidents.
Third Parties Relationships:
- represent Wise in external meetings with Banking Partners and Regulators, being able to clearly and effectively articulate Wise Platform offer;
- provide input on regulatory related agreements and clauses, always representing Wise customer-oriented culture while ensuring compliance.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- grow your hands-on Fintech knowledge at full speed;
- keep compliance right at the heart of the product development cycle, in a fast-moving environment;
- be empowered to identify regulatory issues and take a lead in their remediation.
- ability to prioritize effectively and call-out what are the key areas of improvement and implementation required from a regulatory point of view;
- ability to effectively communicate with Product Managers and Engineers and provide practical, actionable, and value added recommendations;
- problem solving attitude, with the ability to use regulation together with data to drive business decisions;
- a natural owner, that drives and delivers project from inception to completion, timely and with attention to the details;
- experience (or interest) in working in a fast-growing environment;
- previous financial regulation advisory role or experience in a compliance/legal department (i.e. Head of Compliance in a SAAS start-up);
- ability to analyze and interpret complex regulatory frameworks and apply them effectively;
- ability to deal with multiple regulatory domains (i.e. regulatory permissions, consumer, fincrime, security, privacy, etc.) and to understand how they interact with one-another;
- willingness to travel, as Wise offices are located across different countries; and
- legally authorized to work in the UK.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- experience in building a team from the beginning
- experience with Confluence, Jira
- experience working with global teams
- experience in Correspondent banking
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.