At Wise we believe that people who are closest to risks are the best placed to identify and address these. We’re looking for a FinCrime Product Compliance Senior Manager to develop the Wise Platform compliance team that works alongside our Wise Platform Product team as they launch and scale Wise Platform globally. Wise Platform is our product for other financial institutions or businesses that need access to payments to run their businesses and support their customers. The most established product is Wise for Banks.
Your primary focus will be to help develop scalable processes to identify and effectively manage financial crime and regulatory compliance risks across a range of existing and new product types, markets and integrations globally. You will also have exposure to business development conversations- ensuring we remain compliant, while unlocking growth.
- Develop a high performing compliance team looking after Wise Platform products.
- Collaborate with product teams to define controls and interpret regulation to ensure all new Wise Platform products globally have the right financial crime controls
- Establish a compliance risk tolerance for Wise Platform ensuring we remain within Wises’ Risk appetite globally
- Keep an eye on emerging typologies and regulatory requirements around the world and implement changes as necessary. You will have the support of the 2LOD to identify new regulatory requirements.
- Understand Wise FinCrime controls and be comfortable working with our FinCrime product teams to make changes.
- Communicate with our partners about our compliance program and expectations. Be able to empathise and incorporate feedback into our internal processes as required.
- Be able to identify challenges to our regulatory permissions and work to unlock growth through new licenses as required.
A bit about you:
- Proven experience providing Compliance support within Financial Services, preferably with a focus on Correspondent Banking, Third Party Payments (3PP), Marketplaces or Transactional Banking;
- Team management and building experience;
- Strong communicator with experience driving projects and control enhancements
- Problem solving attitude, with the ability to use regulations together with data to drive business decisions;
- Experience (or interest) in working in a fast-growing technology driven environment;
- Willing to travel as needed and up to 25% of the time as Wise offices are located across different countries.
- Legally authorized to work in the UK
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary up to £140,000 + RSUs
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.