Wise is looking for a senior compliance manager to join its growing Compliance oversight team. This role will be working alongside the MLRO, DMLRO and a small but highly effective team in second line compliance. In this role you will be responsible for assisting in the effective mitigation of financial crime risks through the maintenance of adequate systems and controls.
- Supervision of our appropriate measures to ensure that Financial crime risks are taken into account in our day-to-day operation.
- Support in the development and maintenance of the compliance FinCrime oversight framework.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly compliance reports to the board of directors of Wise Ltd
- Provide adequate challenge to first line teams on the development of controls and provide approvals on any control changes , new products or features
- Represent compliance oversight both internally and externally to regulators, auditors and partners as required showcasing Wise strong oversight compliance framework
- Maintaining up to date fincrime policy framework in collaboration with other team members
- Collaborating with product compliance control teams to ensure that there is strong oversight of all compliance operations including AML, Fraud, Sanctions, KYC/CDD and EDD
- Horizon scanning of new FinCrime regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of implementation of such development which impact business activities
- Proactively identify key areas of risk and work collaboratively with first line teams to in the development of mitigation plans
- Theory. You are an expert in AML/CTF compliance and may be currently working or have worked within the area of financial crime compliance preferably in a fast paced environment.
- Practice. You have demonstrable experience designing and challenging processes, ideally across multiple products. You have thought deeply about the TransferWise mission and how it intersects with compliance.
- Passion. You get a kick out of improving current practices and processes and can apply different compliance strategies to develop compliance frameworks.
- Communication. You are a comfortable and effective communicator in both your writing and speaking. You can convey complex ideas effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Detail. You have meticulous attention to detail and if you’ve skimmed through without reading this bullet point, I’m sure a bank would love to have you.
- Team player. You have great people skills and can effectively and efficiently collaborate, build relationships with colleagues throughout the business and across the globe
- Travel. You must be willing to travel to our other offices as required
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary up to £105,000 + RSUs
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.