We’re looking for a Fraud Agent to join our growing Fraud prevention team in Austin! This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a fraud expert and help save millions more people money.
This is a full-time Hybrid position based in Austin, Texas.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $27.90 per hour + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + wide array of benefits! (more info below 😉)
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to ensure that the money we are moving for customers are legitimate transactions, and minimize fraud passing through our platform.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Fraud Prevention team:
- Review transactions flagged as suspicious and take appropriate action(s)
- Perform due diligence checks on customers whose transactions are being reviewed
- Provide assistance to other Wise teams
- Communicate with other financial institutions and law enforcement
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent
- You have experience in financial fraud, compliance, banking, KYC, or other related field
- You have ability to take charge in critical situations, find information, and make decisions based on findings
- You're a proactive team player who knows how to prioritize work and is willing to get things done
- You have skills to recognize patterns and an eye for detail, but also an ability to see the big picture and how the details fit together
- You’re flexible to work in shifts that include evenings, weekends, and public holidays
- Portuguese and/or German language knowledge is a plus
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot provide Visa sponsorship for this role
- This is NOT a remote role, this is a full-time hybrid role based in Austin, Texas
- 💵 $27.90 per hour starting salary
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- ⭐️ Here’s more info on our benefits in Austin
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.