The focus of this role will be driving the build of the control environment for our Treasury Department, owning relevant risk policies and monitoring and testing the control environment.
You will be the designated Global Safeguarding Officer, responsible for ensuring compliance with all safeguarding procedures and rules.
From your experience working on regulated products and understanding of financial risk and compliance, you will help to define and govern a robust internal control environment to manage key risks across our whole Treasury function.
You and your team will lead Treasury audits globally, including both internal and external audits. You will take accountability for management responses and ensuring that remediation work is carried out to plan.
You will lead the Treasury controller team and be responsible for planning team growth. You will be expected to make continual improvements to governance, risk management, and internal controls. You will partner with Operational and Product teams who will own, build and operate controls.
You will be a confident communicator at board and executive level, and have the requisite soft skills to be able to work across multiple teams.
Relevant experience working in Treasury focussed risk and control, assurance, audit and Safeguarding or CASS roles.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Wise
- From your experience working on regulated products and understanding of financial risk, controls and compliance you will help us safeguard customer funds in the smartest way, while working towards a global standard
- Own the policy and guidance on safeguarding and other treasury controls in existing and new jurisdictions to allow us to keep expanding, working alongside our product and compliance teams
- Deliver audits of the treasury control environment on schedule, and own remediation to ensure we improve ahead of the next audit
- Build and support a strong and self-sufficient controls and audit management team
- Enable the implementation of Internal Audit and Monitoring & Testing recommendations and demonstrate the effectiveness of the improvements.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, internally and externally. Work with leaders in the business to ensure widespread awareness and understanding of safeguarding and control requirements globally.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Own your own path of success – You’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Grow with the role – You will have the exposure and opportunity to work with senior stakeholders getting into the details of our business. You will be able to develop your leadership skills by managing a team and growing a new function.
- Stepping stone – This role provides an excellent platform for someone looking to step into the treasury world of a fast growing Fintech.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business – Get to know many teams across the business as you partner with them to help them implement a high performing risk and control culture.
A bit about you:
- Helped teams to build and operate detailed control frameworks
- You’ve run multiple regulatory or financial audits
- You can engage in detail and problem solving, for example, challenging on reasonable thresholds for risk metrics
- Comfortable with executive level communication with an ability to cut through noise and simplify depending on audience
Extensive knowledge of financial risks arising from treasury activities, including economic and financial statement risks.
Knowledge of the Safeguarding/CASS environment
- Managed collaboration projects involving a broad range of internal and external teams, including product, engineering, finance and commercial teams.
- You have worked in a multinational environment across different cultures and countries
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- Payments industry Experience
- Previous experience working in or an understanding of Compliance
- Any experience working within a finance environment, knowledge of FX hedge accounting
- Professional qualification well regarded: CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIA/CISA
- Regulatory experience
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.