Finance Platform Product Manager
As we continue to grow and scale, we’re on the hunt for an experienced Product professional to join our Finance team in London or Tallinn. As Finance Platform Lead, you will contribute to our mission by ensuring we build smart and scalable financial systems to meet our reporting needs as a publicly listed and highly regulated company.
- Develop the finance systems strategy, create a product roadmap to deliver a high data volume, scaleable, real time Financial System with an efficient data pipeline.
- Own our finance systems and tools from a requirements and design perspective, working with our in house finance engineers
- Work with our finance engineering team to provide requirements and feedback on infrastructure solutions to make our finance systems more robust, efficient and scalable.
- Develop the roadmap and manage the well-groomed backlog of new platform initiatives and enhancements to existing implementations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- You will own and track the team plans and prioritizations for the team, set team KPIs, facilitate and build efficient processes for the team to resolve cross-team incidents and retros.
- Own finance team usage of off the shelf reporting systems such as Planful.
- Coach, develop, support and lead 1-2 direct report, grow the team across London and Tallinn if required.
A bit about you:
- You are equally willing to work on technical architecture, finance & reporting requirements and are able to shape and influence thinking on these point
- You create energy and clarity. You have great communication skills that help you bring people together behind a common goal, manage multiple points of view and create clarity and organisation into complex problems and diverse teams.
- You love to get things done. You make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility. We do not hire people just to manage other people. We expect you to deliver results directly.
- You enjoy getting deep into the processing logic. You like to be thorough and understand how things work and all their dependencies in-depth. You can channel this knowledge in bringing clarity to the team over complicated processes.
- You don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
- You own your path to success. In Wise you have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
You have proven experience in the following areas:
- Empowering cross functional teams with a vision and strategy for non-customer facing teams
- Managing the product development lifecycle from scoping to delivery and post production support for multiple products / projects at the same time
- SQL and communicating big data / complex data sets clearly
- Agile software development methodologies and tools
- Communication with stakeholders of different levels
- Building product roadmaps and managing quarterly plans
Nice to Haves:
- Principles of accounting & finance
- Have previous experience in evaluate APIs and capabilities
- Have implemented financial reporting or consolidations solutions
- Understanding of tech stack used in software engineering
- Technical know-how. You may have started out your career as an engineer or maybe it’s a secret passion. You need to be able to communicate effectively with our product engineers, analysts, accountants and other finance professionals.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Office: London or Tallinn
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible. We expect you to work from the office for a minimum of 2 days a week.
- RSUs in a profitable company
- Generous parental leave
- Private healthcare plan
- Pension scheme
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.