We’re looking for a Card Fraud Team Lead to join our team in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, prevent fraud, help our customers, and improve our product. You personally can help us get closer to our mission of Money Without Borders!
You will lead the Team in Tallinn, but get to join a larger team distributed between Tallinn, Austin, Malaysia and Singapore.
The Wise Card plays a larger and larger role in the success of Wise of Wise daily, and preventing card fraud is a crucial aspect of that role. Our Card Fraud team works on that, but also on supporting our cardholders and helping them and Wise recover their money.
We have our main operational team in Tallinn, part of a larger operational team across Tallinn, Singapore, Austin and Malaysia. We work very closely with our dedicated engineering and product teams.
As a Team Lead, you get to empower your own team, support the product team bringing your expertise to upscale the domain: driving large-scale initiatives and helping us solve problems that have a long-lasting impact will be part of your daily action.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Card Fraud team:
- Deep dive into suspicious transactions and in general performing agents tasks 25-30% of your time;
- Planning, coordinating, and monitoring the card fraud operations, contributing to achieving and maintaining the internal and external service standards, including but not limited to scheduling, key metrics monitoring and internal reporting, work guidelines;
- Collaborating with the development and product team on policies, plans and longer term objectives;
- Contributing to improvements and changes related to fraud prevention, customer satisfaction, increasing automation,efficiency and accuracy;
- Developing and maintaining in the team the awareness of regulatory and scheme requirements, risk-based approach, relevant internal plans and changes;
- Supporting your team members’ progress, conducting and documenting performance reviews for them, assigning and supporting projects and monitoring their results.
- You have experience with the card payment industry, preferably in card fraud;
- You have a track-record of building successful teams and developing people;
- You have some experience working with different functions in an organization (engineering, analytics, product teams);
- You have an aptitude for learning new skills, taking initiative and a proactive approach to problem solving.
If you're interested in the position, please talk with your lead first, and apply by submitting your CV and cover letter;
In your cover letter, please answer to these two questions:
- Why are you the suitable candidate to lead a Card Fraud operations team in Wise?
- How do you think handling card fraud impacts the overall company’s mission?
We’ll start interviewing as soon as possible, so we encourage you to apply sooner rather than later.
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: 2950 EUR gross / per month
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our Tallinn office
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.