We’re looking for a Treasury Operations Specialist to join our team in the Austin office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, Money without Borders, be part of our Treasury Operations Tribe and work in a fast-growing and fun environment.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $70,700 Annual + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + a wide array of benefits! (more info below 😉)
This is a hands-on role in the beating heart of Wise’s liquidity operations. Treasury is the team making sure we have the right amount in the right currency at the right time to serve our customers. We are looking for a specialist who is enthusiastic about efficiency, passionate about technology and is looking for a real challenge – moving money around the world as fast as possible for as little as possible.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Treasury Operations team:
- You’ll be trusted to move our cash – planning and executing currency trades to make sure customers’ money is where it needs to be at the right time;
- You’ll also take responsibility for hedging – keeping an eye on the market and managing risk, so we can keep offering low prices to customers;
- Building relationships is a core part of the role – you’ll need to manage external partnerships, and work closely with many other teams within Wise;
- We don’t just want you to manage trading – you’ll be expected to help us find better and more efficient ways to move money around the world – getting us closer to instant and free money transfers;
- We’re a cross-functional team of operations specialists, engineers, analysts, data scientists and product managers – we want you to collaborate with all of these people to drive product and process improvements.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Get to work in a global team of ~70 really smart and fun people – we are small enough to move fast, but big enough to have a great impact;
- Travel to different offices where the treasury team is located: London, Tallinn and Singapore.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills; Spanish and Portuguese are a plus.
- 1-3 years experience in a responsible operational specialist role – you were trusted to execute operational processes but have been also able to find solutions when this didn’t go as planned;
- Good communications skills – you’ll be comfortable resolving issues with banks and other partners around the world over emails, phone calls and face to face, working closely with other teams, and using your in-depth knowledge to help our product people;
- Great organization and attention to detail – we care about every cent on our mission to keep costs for customers low and you are someone who enjoys tracing numbers and making sure everything is accounted for;
- Ability to think outside the box when figuring out new solutions – we are building a new way to move money around the world, we constantly break things and find ways to solve them;
- Ability to multitask, be proactive and make decisions independently in time-sensitive situations – there are a lot of things going on and a lot of deadlines throughout the day, you constantly need to prioritise between tasks and be aware of alerts and risks;
- Trustworthy, curious and not afraid of changes;
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent);
- Academic or work experience in finance/accounting/banking/trading is an advantage.
- 💵 $70,700 annual salary
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from most places in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- ⭐️ Here’s more info on our benefits in Austin
- 🏆 2023 Austin BuiltIn Best Award winner for Best Places to Work and Best Large Places to Work
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.