At Wise we believe that people who are closest to risks are the best placed to identify and address these. We are looking for an experienced Compliance Manager to join the Wise team, who will work across our product and compliance teams to take the Company to the next level by ensuring we maintain a state-of-the-art financial crime program. This individual will specifically focus on making sure our products and features are expanded throughout the Latam region while balancing compliance requirements and risk.
- Develop a relationship with product teams to cultivate a culture of compliance so that they can seamlessly expand our product offerings in Latam
- Assess new and existing products, features and controls against the product risk framework and use data to articulate this risk
- Understand regulation in LatAm and share the impact with product and operational teams with particular emphasis on unlocking growth in the form of new licences.
- Drive product enhancements based on audit findings and trend analysis in collaboration with 2nd line compliance teams.
- Develop and manage risk mitigation plans to reduce fincrime risk in our products by collaborating with product and compliance operational teams
- Ensure the financial crime product risk framework is aligned to the Wise risk appetite and work to embed this across the LatAm region.
- As needed, contribute to improving compliance processes, evolving both our financial crime and our due diligence practices.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone passionate about payments, fintech and compliance risk management and with an eye on the future. You should have:
- Minimum 5 years in financial crime compliance
- Fluency in Spanish required, Portuguese a plus
- CAMS, ICA or equivalent certification desirable
- Clear communication, project coordination, and management skills.
- A sense of camaraderie and good humor while under pressure or tight deadlines.
- Wisdom, a world view and talent for thinking outside the box.
- Professionalism and high integrity.
- Willingness to challenge teams and themselves on how to best serve our customers, while keeping processes robust and compliant!
- 25% international travel required.
- 💵 Competitive starting salary
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- ⭐️ Here’s more info on our benefits in Austin
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our Austin office
Home to beautiful outdoor spaces, this eclectic metropolis is vibrant and bursting with endless opportunities.