We’re looking for an experienced Head of Talent to join our People team, located in Tallinn.. We’re looking for a commercially minded, driven and goal- oriented leader with experience in designing and implementing talent management programmes.
We are driving transformation in Performance management at Wise and we are looking for someone who can partner with the rest of the People Team and our business stakeholders to create talent management approaches that achieve shared team and organisational objectives. Reporting to the Head of People and Organisational Development, this role will be liaising with People Partners, our Reward team and our senior leaders across the business, as well as have responsibility to grow and lead a team of talented development professionals.
This isn’t a job for someone who wants to maintain the status quo. Instead this role would suit someone who wants to solve problems, help build something new, and work at pace and with impact. We’re looking for someone with experience working in medium to large, technology or complex businesses who know what great practice looks like on a global scale.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. We’re 5,000+ Wisers strong, with over 70 nationalities working in 25+ locations around the globe. We’re looking for a leader who lives our values, will help grow our culture, and drive our mission forward! 🚀
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- You’ll develop bespoke approaches to Performance Management that support and enable high performance across our teams, embedding great practice and creating in-depth insights around performance at Wise.
- We’re evolving our operating model – you’ll have the opportunity to bring your experience, skills and thought leadership to help us build a high performance culture, driving the right behaviours through the implementation of robust management practices.
- Develop and implement talent management strategies that align with the organisation's objectives and goals.
- Lead the organisation's performance management cycle, designing and implementing appropriate solutions across the different functions, while setting up an overarching structure that drives high performance.
- Work closely with people partners to identify critical roles and create succession plans to ensure the organisation has a strong pipeline of talent.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on talent and performance management matters.
- Help to create and maintain a performance culture that supports continuous improvement, learning, and development.
- Work with stakeholders across the organisation to develop and communicate a clear and compelling vision for creating, adapting or transforming the way we measure performance.
- Provide guidance and support to project teams in the development and execution of change management plans.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work internationally with very talented people across our entire organisation and with People teams. This role offers a lot of depth and scope, giving you access to make an impact at scale at Wise.
- Be a People Leader for your team and trusted partner for the business. You’ll lead by example, sharing thought leadership and driving for solutions while building your team and taking them on the journey.
- Develop innovative solutions to common problems, adapting your approach to the different needs of your stakeholders, while maintaining an overarching strategy and vision well present in your approach.
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal.
- Substantial performance management experience – you’ve led teams through the creation, development and implementation of high impact performance management initiatives in a global setting.
- Worked in a high growth, product or service led (ideally tech) company – this will help you know how to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities, and you’ll know how to apply the product mentality and methodology to hone your teams’ skill sets.
- Global outlook – you have experience supporting Leads and employees split across geographies and timezones. One of your super powers is being able to adapt to many different cultures and backgrounds, while scaling your projects globally.
- Broad technical expertise – you are seen as a thought leader in your field but you can also dive in and work alongside your team on any operational issue that requires your attention.
- Strong communicator – you are an effective and thoughtful communicator who is able to understand diverse perspectives and vary your communication style based on the circumstance.
- Data driven – you’ll base decisions on metrics and have clear KPIs for all your plans.
- Innovative thinker – you’ll be strongly solutions focused, able to identify problems and with a track record of delivering high impact initiatives. You’re willing to challenge the status quo, speak up and help others see things from other perspectives.
- Strong leader – you’ll help your team have a big business impact while building highly effective relationships with their stakeholders
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.