Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission — money without borders — instant, convenient, transparent, and eventually free. We’ve built a market-leading technology product that’s been used by over 5 million people to move money around the world without the rip-off fees charged by the banks. We’re disrupting the world of currency and international money transfer. We are growing rapidly around the world and need to make sure that we have the best setup to support that growth in every region.
This role sits within our Group Risk team and will help with the implementation and ongoing management of how we manage risk at Wise. The role reports to our Risk Junior Lead based in our London office.
- Provide an objective view of the effectiveness of risk management and internal controls practices within Wise
- Develop and implement an effective global risk program
- Partner with 1LOD to develop robust risk mitigations and control frameworks in the different areas of the organisation
- Improve transparency of risks exposure through effective communication within the organisation
- Monitor the business risk profile and develop internal controls to address these risks
- Assist with the implementation of the Risk Management Framework (ERMF) within Wise including the Risk Appetite Statement (RAS), Risk Management Strategy (RMS) and Key Risk Indicators
- Monitor of Risk Incidents and implementation of action plans
- Assist in the performance of detailed risk reviews and provide analysis and recommendations to assist appropriate risk management
- Undertake 2LOD controls monitoring and testing
- You are comfortable working across the Operational Risk Taxonomy, Key Risk Indicators and Operational Risk Framework & Risk and Control Self-Assessments.
- Experience with GRC Tooling and other technological means to measure risk positions and provide actionable risk analysis reporting to senior leadership
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously and with teams located across our offices
- You can take complex, fuzzy problems and take people on a journey, from understanding the underlying dynamics to rationalising a solution.
- Good understanding of systems, management information, and reporting systems.
- Able to get stuff done – we’re a fast growing company and you will need an entrepreneurial mindset to thrive
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.