We’re looking for a commercially-minded, data-driven and goal-oriented Employee Relations Lead to join our People Operations team.
By proactively partnering with the People Partners and wider People team in supporting all teams globally at Wise, this will give you an exciting opportunity to work internationally with very talented people, in a fast-paced and multifaceted environment, while also giving you variety, scope and the ability to make an impact at scale at Wise.
We want to increase our Employee Relations capability at Wise as a smarter way to keep our finger on the pulse, empower Leads and ensure the service and experience we offer is able to scale with our growth.
In your role of Employee Relations Lead, you’ll set the frameworks and structure for Employee Relations at Wise with a desire to provide a fair Wiser experience while supporting Leads and People Partners to have the data, systems, tools and frameworks they need. To help you get there, you’ll also support a team of People Advisors in navigating all aspects of complex advisory and case management, in order to cultivate a safe and inclusive workplace.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the People Operations team:
- Design and build a new way of working for Employee Relations.
- Analyse Employee Relations trends and recommend solutions to address systemic issues, enabling the business to make sound and proactive decisions and take strategic actions where needed.
- Improve on critical commercial outcomes by proactively identifying challenges and managing risks associated with individual cases, being prepared to challenge and be challenged and use advanced techniques to determine best outcomes.
- Strengthen our collaboration between People Operations and People Partners, equipping both teams with informed data insights to drive empowered stakeholder relationships.
- Coach and upskill People Advisors in navigating end-to-end management of Employee Relations cases with increased complexity, sensitivity, regulation and risk, and cross-sharing recommendations and learnings from specific cases to enable further development.
- Act as a point of escalation for Employee Relations cases with deeper complexity/severity (e.g. disputes, hearings, tribunals).
- Provide important insights and sound recommendations for policy changes (local and global), ensuring key stakeholders are continually informed of legislation, law and regulation updates.
- Develop capability of Leads to independently handle a range of Employee Relations matters, developing management styles to foster positive working relationships with Wisers.
- Help shape the global People team plan and priorities through the collation of global business trends, needs and anticipated future requirements.
- Champion and role-model our values and culture, supporting the continual embedding of them in everything we do and enabling an inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work.
- Employee Relations and partnering expertise in high-growth environments – no matter the challenge, you bring thought leadership and take ownership in dealing with ambiguity and shifting priorities in a scaling, global team.
- Regional / multi-site experience – you’re experienced in supporting People Partners, Leads and employees split across geographies and timezones, adapting to many different cultures and backgrounds.
- Data-focussed – with your high proficiency in data tools and visualisation, you always start with data, facts and insights to help inform your approach through storytelling to solving problems and analysing needs.
- Project manager – you’re solutions-focused and able to proactively prioritise problems and initiatives to work on that have the most measurable business impact.
- Resilient change agent – you possess the skills and desire to change the status quo for the better, including the ability to manage all elements of organisational transformation, facilitation, and training.
- Collaborative – with tested mediation skills, you guide a vast variety of stakeholders, building and fostering relationships over time, but also not afraid to challenge and say no, without creating damage.
- Communicator – you’re effective and thoughtful in communication, being able to understand diverse perspectives and vary your communication style based on the circumstance.
- Initiative – we’re not about “one size fits all” or looking for off-the-shelf solutions; we need you to think creatively and customise your outlook.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Financial services experience – you possess deeper insight to empower our team further with our commercial strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.