Customer Support Associate (Mandarin/Cantonese Speaker)
Customer SupportKuala Lumpur
We’re looking for a Customer Support Associate who has an excellent command of both Cantonese and/or Mandarin and English to join our team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission in helping our customers have a great experience when using Wise.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help customers have the best experience possible with our product working across email, phone and chat.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Help customers have the best experience possible with our product working across email, phone and chat
- Be flexible working during business hours but sometimes covering an early morning(from 4am), evening (from 10pm) or weekend shift
- Go above and beyond the call of duty: work with less supervision and solve complex problems working with other teams while still achieving your KPIs
- Grow through mentoring and side projects with other teams, developing your skills and figuring out how to have a big impact on our customers
- Work autonomously – at Wise you get in what you put out so you’ll need to take the initiative when it comes to your career progression
- Hold a Malaysian Citizenship (please note we cannot support Visas for this role, and this includes Spouse/Dependent Visas)
- Have excellent verbal and written English and Mandarin.
- Are flexible. While you’ll set your own schedule, the requirements can change based on our customers needs, so we can’t guarantee you your preferred shift and shifts can change over time
- Have a razor sharp attention to detail. Can multitask and take responsibility in challenging, high pressure situations.
- You hustle. And hard.
- You’ll ideally have worked in customer support before, but don’t worry if you haven’t. We’re willing to work with the right person as long as they’re passionate and always striving to give a great customer experience
- Are open to working from our Kuala Lumpur office, starting on a five-day basis during probation, and hybrid upon passing probation.
How we work:
We work differently and we’re proud of it. As part of our support team, you’ll play a key role in helping our customers have a great experience with Wise.
You’ll also be the link between our customers and teams, helping our product teams identify areas for improvement.
There’s no script and no hand holding and we trust each other to get stuff done.
At Wise you’ll have the opportunity to have real impact, grow your skill set and work across our entire business.
This is not your average customer support job.
Interested? Check out this vlog to find out more about life in our Customer Support team.
Office: Kuala Lumpur
- Monthly salary starting from 4,500 MYR + 5% or 7.5% language allowance (gross)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Medical insurance
- Weekly team lunches
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- Loads of development opportunities
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
And much more – check out more about our offer here.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our Kuala Lumpur office
Gleaming skyscrapers and a host of natural attractions are just the beginning.