The team. The CRM team at Wise is expanding to consolidate our efforts to create long-term customer relationships through better communication. We’re all about bringing value to international people and making them look forward to our comms because they’ll either be entertained, learn something new, or find out about a useful product, service or promotion. In some cases, it’s just about reassuring customers or informing them about an action related to their account. Regardless of the reason, we’re here to make sure our customers receive the right messages, at the right time and through the right channels.
A key function of the team is to provide support to Product teams when it comes to customer communications and marketing campaigns. As the number of customers as well as the number of Wise products has grown, so did the need to communicate. This is why we’re looking to expand our team’s Product Communications function that takes care of our marketing comms.
The role. We’re looking for a driven Product Communications Manager to join our team in London and provide support to our leadership team and product teams on turning complex, technical ideas into simple, concise language.
- Deliver a product communications strategy that supports our fast-growing company, educates users on our mission, and helps foster a culture of transparency and collaboration
- Work with Product teams to update customers on things we have built and what impact it has for them
- Work with Leadership team and Executive Support to share key messages with external audiences
- Educate users about the TransferWise mission through existing communications channels and experimentation with new channels
- Define success metrics: You’ve built out your own KPIs and success metrics before for communications channels and campaigns; and, you’re excited to build this capability from scratch.
- Deliver new, creative formats: You know that the same old formats can get stale and lead to low engagement. You’re excited to bring new, best-practice communications channels to a fast-growing organisation.
- Own the end-to-end execution of cross-channel product-related marketing campaigns using email, push notifications and in-product messages.
- That means that when needed, the teams involved know who to get involved, what they need to do and how to get their comms sent.
- Liaise with engineers, designers and copywriters.
- Collect, collate and analyse data, and feedback to relevant product teams to ensure that we improve and iterate on our communications .
- Apply product knowledge to drive the right decisions, correct channels and right approaches to take when talking to our customers.
- Co-ordinate the disruption of product knowledge within the Marketing tribe, and wider Wise team
- All sorts of other exciting stuff which we would love to talk you through in more detail!
- You have 4+ years in a product comms/marketing role
- You have experience working with multiple stakeholders at different levels of seniority.
- You have excellent communication skills and strive to have a customer-first mindset
- Your writing is clear, concise and rarely needs more than one round of edits.
- You are a big picture thinker. You can quickly grasp an overall narrative while not losing sight of the crucial details. When there’s no obvious unifying narrative, you can give feedback to help shape one.
- You are attuned to great leadership and comfortable dealing with all levels of seniority in an organisation. You know what motivates large teams and can help coach good leaders into great ones.
- You’re a creative, natural storyteller who can craft clear, compelling messages for a large company.
- You’re willing to get your hands dirty and go through walls to make things happen. You thrive in execution mode as much as when you’re strategising.
- You’re self-sufficient and organised. Your attention to detail is second to none and you can demonstrate how you work independently, with minimal oversight.
- Your written and spoken English is excellent.
- You have a naturally global mindset and are open to travel. We’re a global team, so you should feel comfortable spending time travelling and working out of our other offices at least once a quarter.
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: £40,000 – £57,500
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our London office
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
P.S. Our employees can also work remotely from anywhere for 90 days a year 🌎
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.