Payment Operations Specialist
We are looking for additional Payment Operations Specialist to join our expanding team in Austin, Texas! If you have prior experience in payments or finance and are interested in joining one of the fastest growing FinTech companies, keep reading!
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the team responsible for facilitating global money transfers and working closely with product developers, customer support teams, treasuries, banking partners, and more in our cross-border Payment Operations teams. By joining us, you’ll play a crucial role in helping millions of potential customers save money by utilizing Wise.
As a Payment Operations Specialist, you will receive a competitive compensation package, including a starting salary of $26.50-$28.75 per hour, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company, and excellent benefits! (more info below 😉)
The projected start date for this role is either June 26, 2023, or July 17, 2023. It is important to note that this position is hybrid, located in Austin, Texas, and not fully remote.
At Wise, we have already revolutionized the way people transfer money across borders and manage currencies. Our platform offers true multi-currency banking, allowing customers to efficiently handle their hard-earned money. In your role as a Payment Operations Specialist, you will contribute to this mission by:
- Monitoring the payments engine and resolving payment-related issues
- Collaborating with your team to establish solid ownership of operational processes
- Developing strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Driving operational excellence while ensuring sufficient controls and mitigating operational risks
- Translating customer needs into actionable plans and supporting them with analysis
- Identifying opportunities to enhance our product and work processes, increasing efficiency
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organization, driving us towards Mission Zero! 🚀
- Challenge Yourself – You will work alongside teams that face significant challenges. You will have the chance to question the status quo and take initiative to make things happen. Through this experience, you will learn more about yourself and your capabilities when equipped with the right tools and guidance! 💪
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel this revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems! 💫
- Work Globally – We’re 5,000+ Wisers with 90+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Australia, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done! 🌎
A bit about you:
- You’re fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written skills – any additional languages are welcome, particularly Portuguese or Spanish!
- You have relevant experience working in payments, finance, operations, or accounting, an added bonus if in a startup or the FinTech industry – this is not a customer-facing position, we’re looking for people with experience making things tick in the background in highly detail-oriented positions
- Prioritizes the customer experience and holds it as a top priority without compromise.
- You’re accurate and pay attention to detail, and you enjoy owning your work and taking charge on projects when needed
- You’re a clear and honest communicator, persuasive and adaptive to different audiences
- You’re comfortable with feedback and being part of a team where ideas are shared and openness is valued
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder
- You are flexible with your work hours. We aim to help our global customers any time they need it, occasionally during weekends and holidays
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visas for this role
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You have relevant experience working in operations or led cross functional projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work
- You know how to use data to prioritize tasks that have the most impact to customers
- You’re technically inclined. You can learn new software and systems quickly and have a basic understanding of SQL, Python, or other languages
- 💰 $26.50-$28.75 per hour starting salary, based on experience
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 💻 Hybrid working model – a mix of working from home and from the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 🏆 2023 Austin BuiltIn Best Award winner for Best Places to Work and Best Large Places to Work
- Find out more about our benefits in our Austin office
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙