We’re looking to expand our Sanctions team, so we’re looking to welcome a new Sanctions Officer to join our crime fighting squad in the Tallinn office!
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
The Sanctions Investigations and Reporting team serves as the sanctions subject matter experts responsible for reviewing and investigating all potential violations of OFAC, E.U., UK and other sanctions programs processed through Wise. This includes: reviewing and final approval regarding escalated alerts on transactions and matches to the OFAC, E.U., UK and any other applicable lists and programs; reviewing and approving licensed transactions; reporting blocked property and rejected transactions to the respective regulatory agencies; drafting and filing Voluntary Self-Disclosures to OFAC; investigation into potential circumvention attempts; advising teams on sanctions related issues and sanctions incidents; and coordinating with the Team Lead on ad-hoc sanctions projects, as appropriate.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Investigate and provide final decisioning on escalated sanctions cases for Level 3 review
- Use investigative tools and web research to analyze vessel movements, beneficial ownership, and potential sanctions links to discount or identify potential sanctions concerns.
- Prepare and review draft sanction fillings including block and reject reports to to HM Treasury, OFAC, EU and other jurisdictional regulatory agencies
- Provide advice and subject matter expertise on sanctions related issues, acting as a point of escalation for teams within Wise
- Help to facilitate governance over sanctions lists/screening framework
- Identify sanctions compliance issues/concerns and make suggestions and/or take corrective action to implement solutions to improve controls/operations.
- Assist in the review of sanctions related regulatory examination and internal audit deliverables.
- Assist in the provision of sanctions related training for employees as needed.
- Assist with drafting sanctions procedures
- Strong knowledge of OFAC, UK and EU sanctions regulations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple deliverables and a range of sanctions risk management responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Conduct legal and investigative research utilizing open-source research systems.
- An understanding of SWIFT payments, trade finance and cross border payments
- Proven track record of taking ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player
- High ethical standards, respect for confidentiality and privacy.
- You are able to persevere in a fast paced environment
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: 2600 EUR/ Month
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our Tallinn office
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
If you’re interested in the position, please apply for the latest on 9th of June, by submitting your CV and Cover Letter in English. In your cover letter, please answer what you think makes you a great fit for this position. Please note that an application without a cover letter won’t be considered!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.