Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for an Assurance Lead who will focus on developing and executing our Financial Crime monitoring and testing plan for our UK licenses. You will work with colleagues from a wide variety of teams including Product, Treasury, Operations and Compliance to provide assurance and help strengthen Wise’s approach to managing AML and fraud risks throughout a range of current and new products. You will work with global monitoring and testing colleagues to share best practice and coordinate approaches.
Location: Hybrid working from Tallinn – Estonia 🇪🇪
- Develop and deliver a risk based monitoring and testing plan for the UK, including data-enabled and ad hoc monitoring
- Identify the root causes of compliance issues and work with stakeholders to agree proportionate, scalable solutions, tracking these through to completion.
- Support the wider monitoring and testing team strategy by collaborating with global colleagues. Adapt your focus depending on the regulatory agenda and business maturity
A bit about you:
- Communication. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teams both inside and outside of Compliance, minimising jargon and articulating the value of Compliance Assurance to all stakeholders.
- You have a strong understanding of AML & fraud risks and controls (including KYC, sanctions and transaction monitoring), and an interest in the Financial Crime requirements for UK payments and e-money businesses.
- Technical skills. You have a thorough understanding of risk and control and have experience designing and carrying out risk-based controls testing and outcome testing in a Compliance, Internal Audit or consulting role. You are comfortable using basic analytical techniques to interrogate large datasets and are keen to develop these skills further.
- Flexible. You’re excited to work at a fast growing scale-up and you’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities that this brings. Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise.
- Travel. You’ll work with our colleagues in other locations and will be ready to travel to meet your objectives, roughly once per quarter.
You’ll lead the UK FinCrime Compliance Monitoring and testing (CMT) team, which sits within the Compliance Oversight team in the 2nd Line of Defence. CMT is split between Financial Crime who provide assurance over AML, KYC and FinCrime regulatory risks, and Regulatory Compliance, who provide assurance over all other Compliance risk areas. Compliance Oversight colleagues are responsible for horizon scanning, regulatory interpretation, breach management and maintaining relationships with the regulator.
You’ll report to the UK and Global Compliance Assurance Lead, who manages both the Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime CMT teams, as well as a small Global team responsible for supporting cross-regional collaboration and consistency.
What do we offer:
Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.