Product Manager / Senior Product Manager – Servicing Data Platform & Machine Learning
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Servicing Platform Product Team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product person and through building the future of Wise, empower millions more people with instant, borderless money.
At Wise, we are fully devoted to our Mission: Money without borders. Instant, convenient, and eventually free. And we know that we can only get there if we are investing strategically to be able to expand fast and grow further. That is why we’ve started our work on a new Servicing Platform. This is a strategic investment for us to significantly reduce the time for other teams to go to market while delivering an amazing quality of service and a great customer experience.
From one angle, the Servicing Platform will act like the “brain” of Wise: A place where all customer data is collected, processed and routed. A brain which knows it all – with power to make every single Wise interaction better. From another angle, it’s also a gateway for our teams with which we will create future products for millions of customers!
How you’ll be contributing to the Servicing Platform Team
You will be responsible for developing and executing the product vision, strategy, and roadmap. Our Machine Learning (ML) & Data Platform is a critical component of our business and enables us to build and aggregate features used for machine learning models and algorithms. How you’ll achieve this:
- Working closely with engineering, data science, and business teams to identify and prioritise key features, enhancements, and improvements
- Managing the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from ideation to launch, including requirements gathering, research, design, development, testing, experimentation and deployment
- Tracking and reporting on key performance metrics and as the primary point of contact collaborate with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and that our ML & Data Platform is meeting their needs
- Developing a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and pain points and use that knowledge to inform product development decisions
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends and best practices and leverage that knowledge to inform our product roadmap
- By building a deep understanding of statistical analysis, data mining, and machine learning techniques, you’ll be supporting machine learning, analytics, and data science initiatives, including working with the data science team to identify and prioritise data-related requirements for machine learning models and algorithms
- Utilising visualisation and dashboarding tools to enable easy and intuitive data exploration for analytics teams to leverage the ML & Data Platform
- Understanding data privacy and security risks related to financial crime prevention and KYC, and being able to work with our information security team to ensure that the ML & Data Platform is compliant with relevant regulations and industry standards
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a product person and a leader – Grow and inspire your team to join our mission
- Get amazing exposure to the full breadth and depth of our internal product finance systems while working with a group of amazing and dedicated product managers, engineers, analysts, and operations.
- Work with a modern microservices system with key parts written in-house, which allows to move fast and build controls and experiences that are above industry standards and push the boundaries of what is possible
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
A bit about you
- You are a seasoned Product Manager with experience managing end-to-end product development lifecycles from scoping to delivery and post production support.
- You’re hands on, and you’d do everything needed to make the team and the product successful. You get it done by thinking strategically and executing tactically.
- You are familiar with machine learning frameworks, feature pipelines, data aggregation and transformation, and related technologies
- You have experience with agile development methodologies and tools
- You have the ability to work effectively with and unblock cross-functional teams of engineers, analysts, data scientists, etc.
- You can autonomously prioritise based on impact and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Data-driven – You can pick up the signal from the noise. You are comfortable to dig deep into data, explore and make product decisions based on insights and your quantitative skills
Beneficial (but NOT mandatory) experience
- Previous background in Computer Science / Engineering / Data Analytics / KYC or FinCrime or a related field
- Deep expertise of machine learning model generation and deployment pipelines, feature storage and pipelines, data aggregation and transformation, and related technologies such as data warehousing, ETL, data modelling, and data quality tools
- Experience with data gathering and transformation technologies like Kafka, Avro, Flink, Spark, AirFlow, etc.
- Base salary: HUF 1,100,000 – HUF 1,980,000 gross / monthly base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/2021/03/26/the-true-value-of-stock-in-a-high-growth-company-like-wise/
- Numerous amount of other benefits: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/02/benefits-in-our-budapest-office/#:~:text=Health%20and%20wellbeing&text=Statutory%2024%20weeks%20at%20full,are%20partners%20or%20surrogate%20mothers.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.