Wise is an exciting and rapidly growing technology company on a mission to reshape the way money moves across borders. Our goal is to make money without borders the new normal by building a cutting-edge payment network that connects banks globally with maximum ease and lightning-fast speed.
Wise Platform helps banks, software companies and large enterprises leverage Wise’s infrastructure to offer their customers world class payments products through their own channels. Wise Platform is a start-up within a scale up. We’re a cross functional team across sales, account management, product, engineering, compliance, analytics and many other functions. We’re based across the world – from New York, to London, to Singapore and beyond.
As a Senior Product Engineer at Wise, you’ll be an integral part of our dynamic Wise Platform team, working at the forefront of innovation. You’ll collaborate closely with our Implementation, Solutions Engineering, and Business Development teams and other Wise Engineering teams to support partner integrations alongside Product managers and embark on new and thrilling projects that expand our network of global partnerships.
With expertise in Java, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Kafka, and noSQL, you’ll design and implement scalable code to support our partner ecosystem’s rapid growth. Collaborate with talented Engineering teams, explore various domains, and contribute to over 700 Microservices at Wise. Team up with the deal flow team and product managers to integrate our platform with global partners and drive the development of high-quality, lightning-fast money transfers using Java, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, and noSQL.
At Wise, we believe in fostering a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing, so you’ll have the opportunity to become a domain expert in correspondent banking services and share your wisdom with the wider company during planning sessions. We value your active involvement in cross-team collaboration, representing Wise Platform and championing quality. You’ll also get to be a mentor and guide to our talented junior engineers, providing them with technical leadership and promoting best practices.
To excel in this role, you should have a passion for building the future of international payments and a strong drive to connect banks and businesses globally with maximum ease and speed. We’re seeking someone with extensive hands-on experience in Java and Spring Boot, a solid understanding of Kubernetes and containerization, and proficiency in designing and developing databases using PostgreSQL or similar relational databases. Your familiarity with domain-driven design principles will be key in architecting robust and scalable solutions. If you have a proven track record of building and deploying scalable systems, along with excellent problem-solving skills and outstanding communication and collaboration abilities, then you’re exactly who we’re looking for!
What does it take?
- A strong product mindset and passion for user experience, you prioritise work with the customers in mind and make data-driven decisions to fix customer pain-points
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently while also being a good team player. Your work will frequently involve cross-team collaboration.
- Ability to break down complex projects into incremental milestones that deliver customer value
- Experience with common design and architectural patterns coupled with a passion for writing clean code that is performant and well tested
- Curiosity and drive for continuous learning and improvement
- Following and advocating best coding practices, continuous delivery and code reviews
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases, query optimisation and designing schemas is a plus
- Knowledge of Java and Spring boot and experience with a messaging system, like Kafka, is a plus… but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
What does success look like?
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll understand how our values can help you guide your work
- You’ll understand the reasons behind problematic payments and customer difficulties and how to go about solving them
- You’ll be raising the automation level to enable scaling of the product
- You’ll understand our customers and the impact our product makes in their lives
- You’ll help us scale-up and build a world class global banking product by finding solutions to our technical challenges and opportunities
Interested? Find out more:
Together, we will build a world-class payment network that connects banks and businesses globally with unrivalled ease and maximum speed. If you’re thrilled about designing scalable solutions, collaborating with talented teams, and driving innovation in the payments industry, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Joining Wise means becoming part of an exhilarating and fast-paced environment where you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of international payments.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and accomplishments. Let’s build the future of money without borders together!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.