Wise are looking for an experienced MLRO to join our Compliance team, based in our London office. We’re looking for a customer minded and goal-oriented leader to help us on our way to achieving our mission.
As MLRO, you’ll have a significant opportunity for impact from owning the build and maintenance of AML systems and controls to defining the FinCrime oversight strategy that protects our customers and helps our products scale. You can’t do it alone though, you’ll work holistically with first line teams across Wise and lead on bringing teams together to make it all happen.
The MLRO responsibilities include:
- Oversee, and support the development and maintenance of Wise’s anti-financial crime strategy. A large part of this means that you will be responsible for ensuring that FinCrime regulatory obligations are understood and that there are controls in place to comply with these obligations across Wise.
- Independently assess and communicate the health of the financial crime framework to the WPL Board.
- Development and maintenance of an impactful AML/ CTF training programme, that drives positive behavioural change.
- Ensuring all external reporting obligations are met and that reports are investigated, recorded and appropriately reported.Represent Wise, to external auditors, regulators and banking partners globally as needed.
- Ensure that financial crime risks are adequately considered in everything that we do at Wise, such as the development of new products and launching,
- Solid background and knowledge in UK financial crime regulatory framework, including the UK’s financial sanctions regime and fraud legislation.
- Growth Mindset – you are passionate about expanding and growing Wise, in a compliant, solutions-driven manner.
- Will have a proven track record of leading and building effective teams with diverse skill sets and broad functional expertise.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including teams outside of the compliance function.
- Excellent negotiator with the ability to bring teams and people with diverse ways of thinking together.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Expectations of leaders at Wise:
Leading at Wise, like a lot of other things, is quite unique. Our teams and individuals have the autonomy to make impactful decisions for our customers. Our leads enable the team and people to deliver impact and champion our culture.
LEAD – Define the direction and empower your team to work interdependently to achieve goals in an autonomous environment.
DELIVER – Make sure the team is data-driven to make the most impact for our customers.
DEVELOP – Create an environment focused on the ongoing development of your team through knowledge sharing and feedback.
NURTURE – Build a culture where your team can have maximum impact by being and challenging themselves.
What do we offer:
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.