Role & Job Purpose
The Knowledge Management team’s mission is to help Wise achieve Mission 0 through enabling its operational teams to scale and provide excellent service to our customers by building and maintaining a centralised, easily accessible and high-quality knowledge base.
As a Knowledge Management Lead you will play a key role in executing the Knowledge Management Strategy and report directly to the Knowledge Management Senior Lead. You will support them in building a centralised directory of high-quality, up-to-date content for your designated operational area (FinCrime, KYC, Customer Support, Payment Operations, Servicing or OS teams).
You will be building and developing a high-performing team of Knowledge Management Specialists and Senior Specialists whose main role is to ensure operational teams have information & knowledge management mechanisms in place to support the speed of learning, deliver high-quality products and services, develop, share, reuse and continuously improve practices to achieve higher efficiency targets, consistently meet SLAs and provide excellent service to our customers. You are a strong people lead with experience in managing performance and operations, developing your team, stakeholder management, planning and delivering multiple projects simultaneously, managing capacity and forecasting resources.
As a Knowledge Management Lead you are highly trained in Knowledge Management best practices, thoroughly understand and follow the Knowledge Management E2E Lifecycle. You plan and drive projects on the global level, across your operational domain, product and servicing teams. You provide visibility, guarantee collaboration and opportunities to improve the operational performance and scalability of your domain.
You manage stakeholders efficiently within your KM initiatives & projects’ scope and you identify knowledge gaps and measure their impact through establishing relevant success criteria for each of your projects. You analyse and differentiate between Knowledge Management and operational metrics and drive projects that support your stakeholders’ highest priorities and needs.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment and scaling company culture and values
- Developing a high-performing Knowledge Management team for your domain, support specialists on their personal growth paths while inspiring and motivating the team to succeed
- Help team members to understand their role in the mission through coaching, challenge or mediate debates
- Define the operational and KM goals for your team while supporting the Knowledge Management team’s vision
- Managing team’s resources and their relevant skills
- Propose decisions for direct reports like salary raise, promotion, leave approval, etc.
- Responsible for setting up the success metrics for projects and given domain.
- Onboarding new Knowledge Management Specialists and Senior Specialists in their role and in the team
- Take ownership of implementing and operating the Knowledge Management strategy and framework with the team, supporting product, servicing and operational teams, fully aligned to the Knowledge Management and Servicing initiatives
- Build connections between team members as well as cross-team, -servicing and facilitate and identify new collaboration opportunities on the team level
- Measure and support the alignment of team KPIs and OLAs for success and efficiency
- Driving team’s input and participation in Knowledge Management team’s planning, as well as taking part and contributing to operational/ tribe plannings where needed based on scope
- Coordinate Knowledge Management Specialist and Senior Specialist activities ensuring at all times a high-quality, high-speed workflow with optimal coverage
- Act as the main point of contact for the Payments area’s Quality Management topics for Internal and External parties;
- Ensure that all information and documentation provided to satisfy parties information requests meets both the Payments, Vendors’ and Wise’ s expectations regarding quality and mode of presentation;
- Hire, lead, develop and manage a Knowledge Management team, including amongst others administrative tasks such as scheduling, interviewing, hiring, organising team activities, conducting the GrowWise reviews etc
- Owner of the team’s entertainment budget. Keeping it up to date, syncing it with the rest of the leads in the group and their direct lead
- Working knowledge of Atlassin Products (Confluence and Jira) or other matter/experience management systems (Guru, ServiceNow, Notion, etc)
- Having a forward thinking, original and confident approach
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously, with proven capacity for creative problem solving and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage effectively with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Effective stakeholder management skills and experience communicating with non-technical audiences on complex technical solutions and matters
- Ability to work globally and interpret business requirements into sustainable products
- Understanding of Agile lifecycle, project management/execution skills and user experience design; experience with Jira and Confluence is essential
- Ability to develop a good understanding of the work, challenges and opportunities of the operational team to appreciate internal stakeholders needs
- Outstanding organisational and planning skills associated with a familiarity with job training processes. Requirements include training employees who are new to the responsibilities and how to perform them. Great interpersonal skills are required to review the team’s work in the spirit of support and improvement so further growth in the job occurs.
- Relevant experience with operational & cross-functional teams. You can engage with operational analysis, data, and support operational change. You have experience with data visualisation tools (Looker.) and demonstrate storytelling ability with data.
- You’re passionate. About customer experience, technology and making a difference for people in your work. These aren’t just lines on a job description, you genuinely enjoy what you do.
- You have great attention to detail. You’ll help build and maintain the knowledge base by using your domain expertise. Drive agent satisfaction and implementation projects, based on KPIs for your team and work with all other servicing teams as Continuous Improvement, Product, Training and Quality Assurance.
- You’re a self-starter. With a proven track record of taking individual ownership and solving problems creatively, you’ll design, develop, and document knowledge base articles, FAQ content, Quick replies/Admin emails in your domain while also developing and improving operational workflows in order to enhance efficiency.
- You’re reliable. You’ll be an ambassador for Knowledge Management as you effectively manage, delegate, oversee, or contribute to cross-team projects, no sweat – You’ve also got the ability to multitask and handle a varied workload, and you always take responsibility in challenging situations – In short, you get it done.
- You are results driven. You’ve got some experience and expertise in Knowledge Management and how to enable operational teams through an efficient KM strategy.
- You’re customer-focused. This should go without saying, but this is your guiding light. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on that, so you always have the customer’s best interest in mind and you cultivate this mindset into your teams.
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: 2,800EUR (gross) monthly in Tallinn
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our Tallinn office
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and Cover Letter by the 15th of July.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.